Forums Latest Members
  1. bmd64v46u Feb 22, 2015

I'm not expert on vintage Heuers but I ran across this one at a pawn shop. It's priced for 1k and seems to run well. I could only take this picture. I plan on going back to see if I can check out the movement. Any vintage Autavia experts have any input on this?

image.jpg image.jpg

Edited Feb 22, 2015
  2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Feb 22, 2015

I'm no expert but if it is running buy it, in fact even if it is not running buy it. All hands look correct and at that price it is a bargain!

3. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Feb 22, 2015

your questions would be better served here: http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/ but I'll put my two cents in. This is a 4th execution 7763c with valjoux 7730 movt - not considered particularly collectible by Heuer collectors. It has a correct MH bezel and correct hands, and it should have a snap back case with smooth pushers (this I'm not a 100% on) and a signed crown. It's hard to tell from these pictures, but letters of 'AUTAVIA' and 'T SWISS' look pretty uneven to my eyes, which would indicate a redial. At face value 1k (USD? euro? pounds?) would seem like a great price for a Heuer chronograph, but it would depend on the condition of the dial and movement and originality of parts.