Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1965 Steel Longines Conquest 9024 Reference w/ Uncommon Original Bracelet

1. seekingseaquest Jan 22, 2021

Next up for sale is a vintage stainless steel Longines Conquest with a nice original dial and it's original, quite uncommon bracelet. The sunburst dial is in very nice condition. The case has been polished but the bevels on the lugs remain sharp and the "fish in kelp" enamel is still intact. The bracelet is also in nice condition. The movement runs, winds, and sets well, but service history is unknown. The watch was delivered to Argentina on 26 May 1965, per the Longines Archive info below.

Please see below for more details, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

IMG_9557.jpg IMG_9490.jpg
    IMG_5069.jpg

Dial: The original sunburst dial is in very nice but not perfect condition - there is a very small scratch between 2-4. Dial features tritium lume, which is fairly uncommon as most 9024s were produced earlier in the 60s when radium was still in use. Hands are in nice condition.

Case: Original 9024-5 reference case has been polished, but they did a good job as the bevels on the lugs are still clearly visible. Original "fish in kelp" enamel is almost fully intact on the case back. There are a couple scratches on the case, most notably on the bottom left lug. There is also an area on the case that wasn't polished, which seems to have been caused by the fact that whoever did the polishing couldn't get the bracelet off on the one end when they went to polish (it had a single shoulder spring bar that I had a hell of a time removing..). The unpolished area does show some corrosion, but it's only visible from the back.

Bracelet: Signed Longines bracelet. While I have no proof that it's original to the watch, I believe it is given the issues mentioned above regarding the bracelet removal in addition to the fact that I've typically seen these bracelets on watches of the same era (9024s and power reserves in particular).

Crown: Original signed crown.

Crystal: Crystal is free of scratches, unsure if it's original or not.

Movement: Original 291 caliber movement runs, winds, and sets well, however service history is unknown.
    Strap: In addition to the bracelet, it also comes with the 18mm black teju lizard strap pictured.

Price is $1099. I'll cover insured US shipping, international shipping is available but cost to be discussed with the buyer. Bank transfer or PayPal goods and services are okay for payment (you cover fees for PP). OF seller reviews are here. Returns are accepted if watch is grossly misrepresented. Watch is located in the USA.

IMG_5080.jpg IMG_5055.jpg
    IMG_9560.jpg IMG_9558.jpg IMG_9497.jpg Inside Case Back.jpg Movement.jpg Longines Archive Info.PNG