Forums Latest Members
  1. AngusAngus Jan 30, 2018

Ok I just bought this for £400.
    To my fairly untrained eye it looks great, not too much polishing on the case and nice original patinated dial. My only concern being the crown which doesn't look signed. Would love to hear your thoughts (hopefully you won't tell me it's a complete stinker! :D) Many thanks

s-l1600-0.jpg s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600-4.jpg s-l1600-6.jpg s-l1600-7.jpg
  2. fjf Jan 30, 2018

I think you did OK. Nice one. Enjoy it!.

3. AngusAngus Jan 30, 2018

OK thanks! If it has issues let me know as I can return :)

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 30, 2018

Hands are missing their luminous fill, not a deal breaker.

5. AngusAngus Jan 30, 2018

Movement look OK? Just noticed the slight colour variation of the parts?

6. AngusAngus Jan 30, 2018

Thanks X350, well spotted :)

7. Davidt Jan 30, 2018

Not to put a dampener on things but I think you've overpaid. £400 is a lot for that with what appears an original but poor dial and quite a scratched case. Original but not particularly attractive I'm afraid.

If it's from eBay I would return it and wait for a better one.

WhatYourWatchSay and EdtheAussie like this.
  8. fjf Jan 30, 2018

...Unless Angus likes it the way it is...But I have to agree. Is not a particularly desirable piece.

9. Wyatt66 Jan 30, 2018

Hands and dial look right, but I’m wondering if the buckle is a later vintage than the rest of the watch, and as you already noted, the crown has either been replaced (or.. are the worn down remains of the logo still visible on the crown, or is it completely smooth? Difficult to see). If you follow the results on eBay you’ll always see attractive examples go for less money, but if you had seen them when they were active, you would have had to pay more than the successful bid. You may have overpaid a bit, but everyone will tell you that a watch is worth what you are willing to pay, and if you hadn’t paid what you did you may not have got it. To put it into context, the amount you’ve overpaid is likely to be no more than your weekly supermarket shop. You’ve bought yourself a nice watch, more than 50 years old, which you’ll enjoy wearing and if you overpaid by a few quid, it’s not like you’ve dropped several thousand on a howler.

10. AngusAngus Feb 1, 2018

Thanks everyone. Took the wind out of my sails with this one so I've gone back t the drawing board.:unsure:!