Forums Latest Members
  1. Velorum Mar 1, 2017

I picked this piece up last year and thought that I would share it with you

Probably the nicest vintage Seamaster Ive owned and I really like the linen dial

I bought it form a Dutch gentleman. Although all original it wasn't running reliably and the case back had some nasty scratches. The dial and hands were rather dirty too.

It didn't take long for a good watchmaker to have back in excellent condition though. The main problem with the movement is that it had been over oiled. After it had been cleaned and oiled properly the watchmaker made sure that it was regulated and running as it should. He polished the case, cleaned and relumed the hands and cleaned the dial. You will see that there is a slight mark just to the right of the Omega logo - he couldn't rectify this without repainting the whole dial, something he was reluctant to do as the original finish would have been destroyed in the process.

[​IMG]

TNTwatch likes this.
  2. Velorum Mar 1, 2017

[​IMG]

3. Velorum Mar 1, 2017

[​IMG]

TheKomoman likes this.
  4. Velorum Mar 1, 2017

[​IMG]

5. Velorum Mar 1, 2017

[​IMG]

6. Velorum Mar 1, 2017

[​IMG]

7. RJwatches Mar 1, 2017

Really nice to see, this is my "ex". Don't know if I sold it to you or if you've bought it from the guy I sold it to. All I know, when I sold it, the bracelet was still attached.

Enjoy!

IMG_2622.JPG
  8. WatchmakerTheory Mar 1, 2017

Looks very nice, congrats!

9. j.allen Mar 1, 2017

Almost any 50 or 60 year old watch will have some imperfections in the dial from aging or handling. I have several watches with near perfect dials, save for some nitwit levering the hands off without protecting the dial and damaging it.

This is not a dial you repaint.

10. Velorum Mar 1, 2017

Thanks!

I bought it from a guy by the name if Hidde in Holland. I didn't want the bracelet so bought it without. It came with a fairly recent service receipt form a previous owner. However when the watchmaker I regularly use in the UK serviced it he said that the movement was swimming in oil. It ran fine once he had cleaned everything and re-oiled it.

11. RJwatches Mar 1, 2017

That service receipt would have been mine, good to know my watchmaker messed up. It was still running fine within seconds a day when I sold it.

Have fun with it, I loved it too!

12. Velorum Mar 1, 2017

Well, perhaps it wasn't your watchmakers error - someone may have been tinkering about in between yours and mine ownership

Its a great piece

13. slique12 Mar 1, 2017

Lovely watch, looks even better on the wrist.

14. Edward53 Mar 2, 2017

I am a big fan of the 7-row BOR but I have to agree that this looks better on the strap.