Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1962 Pre-Pro Omega Speedmaster 105.002 transitional Watch

1. Dablitzer Sep 5, 2014

Regretfully up for sale after a few recent purchases is this truly beautiful "transitional" Pre Professional Speedmaster dating from 1962 with baton stick hands.

Unfortunately not knowing about serial numbers at the time and taking a "chance" I purchased the watch before really knowing what was correct, and what wasn't. The watch should indeed have a 19mil serial when it must have had a service replacement caliber movement 321 with a 25 million serial. I have been looking but not with any great need to find a replacement as I would still disclose this information to any potential buyers.

Kindly, Michael, one of our members checked my serial number and confirmed it was from a 145.012-67. So possibly someone with this watch has my 62 movement!

Overall this watch is truly lovely. The dial is stunning with just the right amount of patina. The hands are clean, and the sub-dials have no visible damage.

The DON bezel is absolutely perfect. In fact this is one of the merits of this watch and it's one of the best condition DON I have seen on a watch this age.

Pre-moon Movement is clean but has not been serviced recently. Watch runs and keeps time. Chrono resets to zero.

The case is in good condition, some small wear on the lugs as to be expected on this model. The caseback is in very good shape, crisp and well defined Seahorse emblem.

I am asking a firm £3200 for the piece via PayPal or BACS.

I would appreciate potential buyers or experts to PM me. And any interested parties or queries to do the same, please keep comments to personal message please. Any questions please ask me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 5, 2014

STUNNING!! GLWS!

Dablitzer likes this.
  3. flame Speedmaster Neil Sep 5, 2014

Hi Alex

That's a very fair price for someone to get into a pretty rare Speedy in lovely condition....and it's still a 321 beating at it's (transplanted) heart...and when it's on the Wrist....well :)

GLWTS -

Best - Neil

4. Dablitzer Sep 5, 2014

Thanks Neil, coming from you that means a lot! ;)

JohnSteed likes this.
  5. Dablitzer Sep 6, 2014

Bumpy!

6. Dablitzer Sep 7, 2014

Bump! Offers?

7. Dablitzer Sep 8, 2014

Sold...

Tritium, JohnSteed and Mothra like this.
  8. simonsays Sep 8, 2014

9. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 8, 2014

Interesting!

10. Dablitzer Sep 8, 2014

11. simonsays Sep 8, 2014

glad to hear it, sorry for any misunderstanding!

12. Dablitzer Sep 8, 2014

No misunderstanding :)