Forums Latest Members
  1. darrenyap1997 Feb 2, 2017

Hi guys back here again with another watch for evaluation. Im interested in this one too.
    1. is the watch an authentic omega watch?
    2. is the dial original?
    3. is caliber 562 automatic movement?
    4. how much is this watch worth in USD?

here is what the seller told me:
    1. THIS WATCH IS POWERED BY THE OMEGA CALIBER 562, CHRONOMETER GRADE, FULLY AUTOMATIC, 24-JEWEL TOP OF THE LINE MOVEMENT WITH DATE!

2. BEAUTIFUL SILVER/SATIN ORIGINAL FACTORY DIAL SIGNED “OMEGA SEAMASTER AUTOMATIC” AND “SWISS MADE” IN VERY TINY LETTERS AT THE VERY BOTTOM

3. THE DIAL IS WONDERFUL CONDITION WITH JUST ONE OR TWO VERY HARD TO NOTICE LIGHT AGE SPOTS YOU MIGHT NEED A LOOP TO FIND.

4. THE CRYSTAL IS THE ORIGINAL “OMEGA”CRYSTAL WITH A TINY ALMOST INVISIBLE OMEGA SYMBOL IN THE VERY CENTER.

5. THIS WATCH IS A NICE BIG SIZE AT 34mm IN DIAMETER NOT INCLUDING THE CROWN OR LUGS. THE SERIAL NUMBER ON THIS BEAUTY IS 18,017,895, WHICH PUTS PRODUCTION IN 1961.

6. THE GORGEOUS ROSE GOLD OMEGA CALIBER 562, 360 DEGREE ROTOR AUTOMATIC MOVEMENT WITH 24-JEWELS IS IN EXCELLENT PHYSICAL AND MECHANICAL CONDITION

7. THE WATCH IS FIVE TIMES SIGNED “OMEGA”: CASE, DIAL, CROWN, CRYSTAL AND MOVEMENT

I am unsure if what he said is true. can anyone help me out? I would be very much appreciated because i am really interested in getting it from him. Sadly he doesnt know how to remove casing as it is waterproof casing and its harder to remove.

a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg d.jpg
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 2, 2017

Take it to a watchmaker , take photos of the inside of the case back and the movement. There is plenty of information on the internet to answer some of your questions (especially about the movement) a and the rest would require seeing inside. OF helps those who help themselves.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 2, 2017

I disagree. He's given us enough to go on, especially considering that this is a front-loading watch and the seller is not likely to take it apart for movement pictures.

Rule #1 is "buy the seller, not the watch". How much do you trust the information that the seller is giving you?

From the general look of the watch, the information lines up quite nicely. I'll leave the "rose gold" part alone, as the pictures need some color correction, but that is common on the internet.

I think it is one of the two models below:

http://naligazone.com/index.php/data-watch/omega/caliber-5/543
    http://naligazone.com/index.php/data-watch/omega/caliber-5/539

Both were available in gold-cap.

On price, you'd better budget an additional $200 for service, regardless of the what the seller might tell you. If you get it under $300, you'll be OK. Otherwise, you'll be gambling on the watch not needing service.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 2, 2017

He said the movement is rose gold. I think no movement photo (that's where my suggestion enters the equation) would be more reason to leave it alone than color correction. "THE GORGEOUS ROSE GOLD OMEGA CALIBER 562, 360 DEGREE ROTOR AUTOMATIC MOVEMENT WITH 24-JEWELS IS IN EXCELLENT PHYSICAL AND MECHANICAL CONDITION"

TayngoNCash likes this.
  5. Vicke Feb 2, 2017

"Chonometer grade" cal. 562? I would like the seller to produce a movement photo to back that statement.

6. Vicke Feb 2, 2017

..and if he does, that would make the movement a franken.