1960s Geneve 565 (166.041) Help!

Good afternoon all.
I'm writing this from work, so pictures to follow, but this is my first attempt. I took a big bite and I love it, but I've had a few missed steps and I'm learning as I go.

Here's where I'm at. I have the train of wheels installed and everything is working beautifully, flip it over and install the crown and the gears and go to install the pallet fork and THAT'S where everything goes wrong. before the pallet fork I can use the crown to wind everything up and all the wheels move and it is smooth, once I install the pallet fork, the escape wheel stops moving. I cannot figure out what would be the cause. I will update a picture and maybe a video if I can when I get home tonight, just trying to create the post now to get the ideas flowing.

BLUF: Installed everything up to the pallet fork and works well, pallet fork installed, hangs on the escape wheel.

Look forward to learning with you all! Thank you!

Welcome. There is a Watchmaking forum may get quicker response there, some top watchmakers available to help

Did you install the balance?

once the pallet is installed. Gears won’t move. It’s the motion of the balance wheel knocking the pallet back and forth that allows the escape wheel and gears to move

Yes I've installed the balance and it starts but doesn't keep, it slows and stops, while it's spinning the escape wheel doesn't rotate and the pivot fork doesn't swing back and forth. I can manually move the fork so it's not stuck. It's odd. What pictures can I send to help explain more?

Yes I've installed the balance and it starts but doesn't keep, it slows and stops, while it's spinning the escape wheel doesn't rotate and the pivot fork doesn't swing back and forth. I can manually move the fork so it's not stuck. It's odd. What pictures can I send to help explain more?

was the movement cleaned?

you said all the gears spun without the pallet, so no gears out of place

I’m a watch hacker. Need to wait until a watchmaker has more info

Yes it's been cleaned and lubricated as I go. I'm going to reinstall the pallet fork and balance and see if I can put tension on the spring. I think it's entirely wound down. I'm not sure. This watch has been a hell of a learning experience to say the least. I am enjoying and hating it.