Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1958 Steel Omega Seamaster w/ Big Logo Hippocampus & No-Lume Dial

1. seekingseaquest Nov 24, 2020

For sale or trade is a 2846 reference Omega Seamaster. The case features a big logo hippocampus case back that was only used in 1958 and is in very nice condition. The no-lume dial is also in very nice condition with only light patina. The 501 caliber movement runs, winds, and sets well, however service history is unknown. Price is $850.

Please see below for more details, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

IMG_8634.jpg IMG_8632.jpg

Dial: Original, non-refinished dial has developed very light patina with some light discoloration around the 3 marker (not very noticeable). The dial features fairly uncommon non-radium (no lume at all) markers and hands.

Case: Original 34.5mm 2846-9 reference case is in very nice, seemingly unpolished condition. The case shows light wear but has no significant scratches or dings. Bevels on the lugs and hippocampus logo and "Waterproof" text on the case back are in nice condition.

Crown: Signed clover crown (I believe a later replacement given the Omega logo is a later style).

Crystal: Original (I believe) signed crystal with Omega logo etched at center. Crystal has some scratches that should buff out.

Movement: Original 501 caliber movement dates to 1958. The movement runs, winds, and sets well, but service history is unknown so a service is recommended prior to regular use.

Strap/Bracelet: Comes on the generic 18mm brown leather strap pictured. However, I do have a genuine vintage Omega 5-row BOR bracelet I could part with as well for extra cost if interested.

Price is $850. Open to trades for nice non-radium 50s or early 60s Seamasters, Constellations, Geneves, Conquests, and Flagships (see my WTB/WTT here). I'll cover insured US shipping, international shipping is available but cost to be discussed with buyer. Transferwise is preferred for payment. OF seller reviews are here. Returns are accepted if watch is grossly misrepresented. Watch is located in the USA.

IMG_8636.jpg IMG_8637.jpg IMG_8640.jpg IMG_8641.jpg IMG_8642.jpg IMG_8727.jpg IMG_8583.jpg IMG_8588.jpg IMG_8590.jpg