Maskelyne
路And the lume replaced with correctly applied aged lume?
I don't see any signs of cleaning myself, sorry.
Please consider donating to help offset our high running costs.
And the lume replaced with correctly applied aged lume?
I don't see any signs of cleaning myself, sorry.
Wow. That's extremely generous of you. What a tale. You're like a vintage watch Detective.
I always think about the history attached to my pieces and I feel that's why I have an interest in military pieces. I have a few from WW2. The provenance is something you can't buy from your AD 馃槈
Thanks for this post and all the information - I also enjoyed reading some of the other stories on your website - especially Edith Lackner / Weems bezel. www.TimeCapsule-watch.com.
I recently purchased a 1956 Omega Seamaster owned & inscribed by Lt. Commander Bill McKenzie, who was the Executive Officer aboard the submarine USS Greenfish (1956-1958). His complete biography is on my website, www.TimeCapsule-watch.com. (Click <Presentation / Personal> on the top menu.....)
As a watch designed for sailors, this Seamaster has the ultimate provenance -- it was actually used by a US Navy submarine commander. As you will note in the attached photos, the dial & bezel are in perfect condition; the inscribed stainless steel case back is worn & pitted (as befits a watch exposed to the Pacific Ocean for many years!). The inscription reads, "LCDR Bill McKenzie ~ USS Greenfish SS351"
Captain McKenzie died in 2018; I purchased his Omega from eBay. I have not opened up the case, so I don't know the movement type.
Please let me know what you think!
Hi! I know this an old thread, but am hoping I鈥檒l get a reply.
This is my Grandpa, Grandpa Mac. Do you happen to still own his Seamaster?
Bob Stokes hasn't visited here for a number of years.
Maybe you could try to contact him via his website.
https://www.timecapsule-watch.com/
Interesting site, but watches returned to family.
Wonder how many of those watches returned were sold by the family in the first place?
Like the one sold by the daughter of the one
Interesting site, but watches returned to family.
Wonder how many of those watches returned were sold by the family in the first place?
Like the one sold by the daughter of the one posted
I鈥檓 not sure what you mean by this comment? Bob posted it was sold by his granddaughter. Which would be a cousin of mine. I reached out to Bob via his website. I was quite younger when my grandpa passed and not into watches yet.