1954 omega case reference and glass help.

Hello folks.

I need to source a new glass for the below, having trouble identifying this case number (523956) to then get the right crystal.

can anyone help? Thanks

It looks to be a locally cased example therefore the "case reference" doesn't tie in with OEM data.
Can you provide more info on the actual watch so we can figure out what sort of crystal it needs.

Quite possible an Australian cased watch so it would not have had an "Omega" crystal.
Your best bet is to remove the crystal and measure diameter/height and other points (tension ring or not?) and then locate a generic crystal.

if it's one of those ribbed midcase australian watches then the crystal is probably 28.2mm dia.

if it's one of those ribbed midcase australian watches then the crystal is probably 28.2mm dia.
I reckon you’re right. Any good sources in Australia for such glass you know of??

Quite possible an Australian cased watch so it would not have had an "Omega" crystal.
Your best bet is to remove the crystal and measure diameter/height and other points (tension ring or not?) and then locate a generic crystal.
Thanks mate will do. Any suggestions for Aussie based crystals?

I reckon you’re right. Any good sources in Australia for such glass you know of??

Any watchmaker would have good generic replacements, but if you're concerned about getting a similar dome profile let the watchmaker know.
$20-30 would be what most good places charge

Those cases are easy to pick out by the shape of their lugs and the fact that they don't use a proper movement retainer ring!