Forums Latest Members
  1. patsjka Nov 20, 2016

Hello

Found this Constellation from 1953 and wondered if it could be a good buy? Is it indeed 2648 case? Minute hand looks like it's been changed, other than that it looks good to me (but not as knowledgeable as most of you). Would you be able to help to tell me whether it's an original dial, and hands are all correct? How's the price for this one?

Very much appreciate your help.

Thanks again.
    Ivo

----------
    1953 RARE OMEGA CONSTELLATION WATCH

During the 1950's Omega produced a few case models for the Omega Constellation. All of which look very similar apart. However, certain case model such as this 2648 - 1 Constellation is probably the rarest among the bunch. They are not as popular and unknown to most collectors except for an Constellation fanatic. What makes this piece unique is the case is made slimmer than the other model. The movement is a front loader instead of sliding out from the back. And it is considered the non-waterproof Connie at the time as it does not take a case back gasket. But of course, in today's market, all vintage watches are no longer considered as waterproof anymore. Two ton dial is factory original and nicely patina. The solid stainless steel case measures 35mm across excluding the crown by 40mm lug tip to lug tip. The crystal is brand new. The movement is an Omega caliber 354 and has serial number 13633961 dating this watch to 1953. Will come with a new genuine high quality croco grain leather strap.

Price: $1450.00 USD

OmeConnieBumpSlimVer2TFull.jpg
  2. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Nov 20, 2016

As the other watches you have posted, the price seems high. I have a similar one to this that I would part with for half that price. Be patient and you will find a nice 1953 Omega for much less on the for sale page here or on eBay.

patsjka likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Nov 20, 2016

Okay, one time is bad. Twice is coincidence. But now 3 times you're asking about the same seller's watches...... do you work for them and are trying to get free plugs? All 3 watches are overpriced, this one not so much as the others.

4. patsjka Nov 20, 2016

Not working for them, just desperately trying to find a good one from that year. @ulackfocus appreciate your responses

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 20, 2016

Desperation leads to bad choices.

Tubber and noelekal like this.
  6. ulackfocus Nov 20, 2016

7. patsjka Nov 20, 2016

8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 20, 2016

set up a search on watchrecon.com.

patsjka likes this.
  9. patsjka Nov 20, 2016

thank you - good tip