Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1951 Jumbo 37 Mm Seamaster Bumper

1. ulackfocus Sep 19, 2012

Letting another go - an unpolished & original Seamaster reference 2657-1 / 2494 caliber 342 bumper:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The dial has a mostly even patina except for the small spot to the immediate right of the subdial. It runs well and keeps good time but a service would be recommended (and can be arranged - details if necessary). The strap is a brand new Crown & Buckle Aristo and was just put on, worn only around the house a few times. Of course, the crown is the original clover style with the Ω logo.

These aren't your everyday bumpers. The 37 mm size makes it a very desired watch. Shown next to the typical 34.5-ish mm vintage Omega for comparison:

[​IMG]

It has quite a presence on the wrist too:

[​IMG]

Asking only $725 including trackable USPS shipping within the CONUS, and offers are welcome. Contact via [email protected] or simply start a conversation here. Let's keep this one in the ΩF family.

BRainke and MKelley like this.
  2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

Wanted to add that these jumbo bumper seamasters are very uncommon watches - probably not even 1% of the number of available bumper seamasters. And considering that Dennis' watch is in nice shape with a textured dial then it is overall a desirable piece.

MKelley likes this.
  3. alam Sep 19, 2012

::jumpy:: With a "mostly even patina" and a "37 mm size presence" this watch is a huge temptation! .....but I must reluctantly hold back as I need to be cash-ready for that black dial in your other box.... :D

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

Half the guys on this site are broke at the moment, least in terms of their watch funds, there's been a lot of buying going on recently lol MKelley, Kyle and Steve being top of the list (along with me lol)

5. alam Sep 19, 2012

BTW, does this one has the Seamaster logo on the back?

6. ulackfocus Sep 19, 2012

Knew I forgot something! ::shy:: Photo added to original post - there's no Seamaster logo on the caseback.

Oh, and check your messages. ;)

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

That's behind curtain number 2 . :D

8. ulackfocus Sep 19, 2012

Not for long. ;)

9. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

I would buy it back from you, but I just bought something else that's been on my wishlist...::facepalm2::

10. MKelley Sep 19, 2012

Indeed my collection has grown. However, as in accounting, for every debit there is a credit. Kudos to Kyle's offering. Tempted, but restrained:(

11. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 20, 2012

You guys are keeping me in the dark...:taunt:

Dennis, that's a real beauty. I'm trying to restrain myself from any new watches at the moment, though. As of this past weekend.

MKelley likes this.
  12. chiko7734 Sep 20, 2012

This is very tempting to me as well. Love those waffle dials, but I may have an opportunity to buy something else I really want so I have to hold off :(

13. alam Sep 20, 2012

Crap! I opened the curtain and ended broke. ::shy::

14. MKelley Sep 20, 2012

Alright confess...what did you do?:rolleyes:

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 20, 2012

Has anyone bought this one yet? About 10 dogs sniffing the lamp post but has anyone cocked his leg?

16. MKelley Sep 20, 2012

Did you pull the trigger on Dennis' offering?:whistling:

17. MKelley Sep 20, 2012

Sounds like a real p**ser:D

18. alam Sep 20, 2012

on another lamp pole just across the street....::shy::

19. MKelley Sep 20, 2012

Too much beer...:eek:

20. ulackfocus Sep 20, 2012

Yes, alam snagged one I was selling - but it never hit the forums. No listing was made anywhere. This is how "dibs" works gentlemen. The pieces that you see in some of our collections (like Kyle, Steve, Mike, etc) aren't your garden variety eBay watches. They get offered privately to other members of the circle in the order of who asked to be notified if/when there's a pending sale of that watch. One thing to remember, you must be somewhat serious when you ask to be contacted. Now, you may fall out of lust with the watch after a few months or years and all you have to do is tell the seller so. He'll just move on to the next person with a right of refusal with no harm done.

Hey Kyle - how many times have we bought & sold between us without any listing ever done....4, maybe 5 times? Mike and I have bought and sold to each other too. We even help each other find potential buyers, especially if the two people are members of different forums and don't cross paths often. Need a _________ (fill in a small part name) for your caliber _________ (fill in a movement that doesn't have parts readily available through the usual sources)? Well, _______ (fill in a name) has it laying around so he'll ship it to you. Might be sold real cheap or even sent gratis. Prices are negotiated fairly and usually quickly if there is money exchanged. Here's a brief exchange that you'll find amusing. I had a rare original part for a really cool vintage Omega. I knew 2 collectors who needed it, and I prefered to sell it to one because he was much more pleasant. I asked $XXX because I knew how rare the part was. He offered $YYY and countered that there was a limited market. Split the difference and both of us were happy. (and I got to call dibs on that particular watch)

That's how the VΩBT rolls, baby. ;)

Okay, further discussion in another thread if necessary. Let me resume selling this one.