Forums Latest Members

1950s Omega - how much of the original watch remains?

1. CeeJayNI Mar 1, 2016

I come from a family of Omega fans - we own one each, all shop-bought at different times over 10 years ago.

My partner really loved the idea of a vintage Omega and was looking for character, she didn't mind what condition the watch was in.

We bought a 1950s watch in poor condition from eBay for a low price and will admit to not researching properly.

I get the impression that many parts of this watch may have been replaced (and it was advertised as having a Bonklip strap) but I think it has a genuine movement (advertised as 26.5T3.P.C. T1). The numerals on the dial have a very 'flat' printed look and I can't tell if the hands have been replaced or now.

Appreciate number of enquiries you must receive but some expertise re wether the movement is genuine and which other parts are likely to have been replaced would be appreciated. 'Herself' fell for the watch, condition and all, so bad news may not be all bad news!....

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Edited Mar 1, 2016
  2. CeeJayNI Mar 1, 2016

My own pride and joy....

image.jpeg