1950's Nivada Automatic Antarctic

Posts
24
Likes
142
Hi. Can anyone expand upon whether this probably, mid to late 50's Nivada, executes a rare variant dial especially with 'AUTOMATIC' below Nivada. Cheers.

 
Posts
3,272
Likes
14,212
This thread would seem to suggest there were a variety of dial variations:
https://chronopedia.club/Nivada_Antarctic_Models
 
Posts
24
Likes
142
This thread would seem to suggest there were a variety of dial variations:
https://chronopedia.club/Nivada_Antarctic_Models
Thanks Vitezi for the heads up. Visited this site several times but still not seen this dial variation or it referred to in detail.Cheers.
 
Posts
5,303
Likes
53,902
To be fair I don't think it is accurate to call it rare more that it's just not common to see many Antarctic variants around 50 to 70 years after their debut in a sales catalogue.
As far as I can tell many watch companies back in the day delighted in making random dial variants just to mix it up and provide the illusion of rarity for a style or individuality.
Nice dial furniture on you variant.
 
Posts
24
Likes
142
To be fair I don't think it is accurate to call it rare more that it's just not common to see many Antarctic variants around 50 to 70 years after their debut in a sales catalogue.
As far as I can tell many watch companies back in the day delighted in making random dial variants just to mix it up and provide the illusion of rarity for a style or individuality.
Nice dial furniture on you variant.
Thanks ghce