Forums Latest Members
  1. JJR48 Dec 5, 2019

I am a new Omega watch owner and am hoping that someone can identify the model that I have just purchased.

It’s a manual wind measuring 35.5 mm and I’m pretty sure it’s gold. The case is numbered 10779393 and the movement is signed and numbered 10981383.

Preliminary research suggests that it might be 1940s, but I am not sure. Any suggestions as to the date and model name are welcome and is the dial with just the even hour numbers unusual?

Omega1.jpg Omega2.jpg
    noelekal likes this.
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 5, 2019

Do you see a hallmark on the case anywhere? It doesn't look like there is one on the lugs, but the photos aren't the best. Also looks like the lugs have been pried apart a bit, possibly to fit on a strap that was wider then original.

Do you have any photos of the inside of the caseback or of the movement fro when the case was opened to get the serial #? The case # on the caseback will be helpful in getting you more info. It would also be interesting to see if the moisture that damaged the dial also resulted in movement issues (or if the movement was restored).

DaveK, Walrus and noelekal like this.
  3. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Dec 5, 2019

Perhaps it's a near kin to this one. I just wore it today. Based on nothing more than internet research I've assumed that it dates to 1944.

[​IMG]

IMG_6095.jpg

Waltesefalcon, Rochete and DaveK like this.
  4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 5, 2019

Very different Omega logo on the OP's watch (it is downright tiny!)

chronos likes this.
  5. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 5, 2019

I don’t know anything about Omega watches but the design style generally looks from late 1940s or very early 1950s.

6. Walrus Dec 5, 2019

Wow yeah I see that with the lugs strange. If they actually bent them to fit a particular band they either loved the van or wanted to save some money on buying a proper one

7. JJR48 Dec 7, 2019

Thanks for your input, I'll get the watch opened by a professional to check the numbers. No hallmarks on the case. Sorry about the quality of the photography!

8. MyVintageOmega Dec 7, 2019

May be a Circa 1944-47 Manual Wind 17 Jewel calibre 30T2 SC.PG Movement. Perhaps 18k gold.

Edited Dec 7, 2019
  9. krogerfoot Dec 7, 2019

The lugs don't seem widened in the face-up shot, so I wonder if that's a trick of perspective.

10. JJR48 Dec 7, 2019

Thanks MyVintageOmega your post was very helpful. As I said earlier I'll take the watch to a watchmaker who I know likes Omegas and get him to open it up and take a photo of the internals. By the way what does the final 'PG' designate on the Calibre definition?

11. JJR48 Dec 7, 2019

I like the styling as it reminds me of my father's Omega that he purchased in the early 1950s. Do people think that its worth a full restoration as the dial is a little grubby.

12. Rochete Dec 8, 2019

In general, unless a specific watch is of sentimental value to you, a "full restoration" is never worth. You may end up paying more than for an equivalent in decent original condition plus results are seldom satisfactory.