1944 Omega 28.10 Missing Screws On Weight

I have a 1944 Omega Bumper Automatic and recently after wearing it for the first time in a while I noticed a rattling coming from inside the case so i opened it up and the bracket that holds the oscillating weight was missing one of its screws (The oscillating weight is the style where the screws go thru the bracket and thread into the weight) So what I need help with is finding the three screws that hold the weight assembly together.

Anything helps!
Thanks,
Matt Rubin
upload_2024-2-1_11-37-47.jpeg
What the oscillating assembly in my movement looks like.

Your best bet is probably searching eBay for a complete weight with all of the screws.

Like 1
Your best bet is probably searching eBay for a complete weight with all of the screws.
I would really like to try and find screws first as the only assembly i found online is $65 without shipping or tax.

Where are the original screws?
Surely the must’ve been rattling about in there somewhere.
You’d wanna be sure that their not still in there waiting to get tangled up in the workings

Like 1
You’d wanna be sure that their not still in there waiting to get tangled up in the workings
This^

There are three screws holding the oscillating weight to the oscillating weight bearing.
If only one is missing the weight would not be rattling, the noise may be due to the loose screw being trapped between parts.
It's essential that you either find the screw, or confirm that it's no longer in the movement.

Screw list for caliber 342 for example.

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 11.06.28.png

Like 1
One screw as mention3d would not cause a rattle.

need to check and see if any of the jewels are broken or one of the pins on the rotor arms is not broken

also check the other screws for tightness

Do you have an actual photo of your watch's movement?

A nice big clear one.

Like 1
I checked last night and I didnt see them floating around. :(

Quoted member DON
One screw as mention3d would not cause a rattle.

need to check and see if any of the jewels are broken or one of the pins on the rotor arms is not broken

also check the other screws for tightness
Its not the screws making the rattling, its the oscillating weight that is missing two of the screw causing it to shake and thus causing a rattling sound.

Well where could they’ve gone? They must be somewhere, they can’t leapt into another time space continuum!

Well where could they’ve gone? They must be somewhere, they can’t leapt into another time space continuum!
They must've! Cause I just about took the whole movement apart and looked high and low with my loupe, and even put the thing under a microscope and they were nowhere to be found! I'm confused myself how they've just vanished.

They must've! Cause I just about took the whole movement apart and looked high and low with my loupe, and even put the thing under a microscope and they were nowhere to be found! I'm confused myself how they've just vanished.
Check your working desk floor with a magnet. They must - by necessity - have dropped out when you removed the caseback.

Like 1

A nice big clear one.

A nice big clear one.
In case you cant read the S/N it is: 10867941
upload_2024-2-2_10-4-3.jpeg

How long have you had it? If it’s a resent acquisition then maybe some idiot left them out before you got it, but I find it had to be.ive that would be the case if you’ve had it a long time, I doubt it would take that long to fall to bits with the damned screws having gone walkabout.

Like 1
In case you cant read the S/N it is: 10867941
upload_2024-2-2_10-4-3.jpeg
Sorry if I'm missing it, but I don't see any empty screw holes. There are a couple of small holes on the weight, but screws don't go there (at least not from the top side of the weight). I think yours is a cal 330 maybe (edit: sorry - I was still waking up, totally missed the title of this thread)? Check Google images for comparison photos.
Edited:

28.10s had the weight screwed in from the back which is why you don't see screw heads.

IMG_2533.jpg
Edited:

30.10, 332, 28.10 Notice on the 332 where they went to screw on either side of the word "jewels"s-l1600 (8).png s-l1606.jpg
28.10 Mvmt2.jpg

How long have you had it? If it’s a resent acquisition then maybe some idiot left them out before you got it, but I find it had to be.ive that would be the case if you’ve had it a long time, I doubt it would take that long to fall to bits with the damned screws having gone walkabout.
My great-grandfather bought it new it was passed down to my father when my great-grandfather passed on in the early 90s, my father had it serviced shortly after so maybe the watchmaker that did it lost them, I dont know.

Sorry if I'm missing it, but I don't see any empty screw holes. There are a couple of small holes on the weight, but screws don't go there (at least not from the top side of the weight). I think yours is a cal 330 maybe? Check Google images for comparison photos.
Yes the screws go in from the bottom (thru the bearing plate and thread into the weight). The one silver dot to the left of the word "Jewels" is the only screw left holding the weighted assembly together. The screw to the right of the word "Jewels" and the screw above the word "Seventeen" are both missing.

Like 1