Forums Latest Members
  1. westmtn Dec 12, 2016

Stumbled upon this dial and hoping it can serve as a replacement. Any thoughts if this is original? 33mm diameter per the ad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm hoping it will fit my much loved 2318 (pictured below). The numerals seem to match perfectly.

[​IMG]

2. TNTwatch Dec 12, 2016

It looks original to me. Does it have the same diameter as your dial (guessing yes)? It's slightly different in that the numerals are of gold colour and a bit farther from the minute track than yours. May not be a correct replacement since your hands appear to be silver/steel.

3. westmtn Dec 13, 2016

I'm guessing it's the right size due to the similarity of the numerals compared to the subdial size. Using a ruler I can tell the dial is either 32.5mm or 33mm. I'm guessing the minute track was redone on my watch. The new dial has pink gold numerals but at least it will be more accurate (and look a little nicer) than the redone dial.

I should add that this specific watch has considerable sentimental value otherwise I wouldn't be going to this trouble.

4. TNTwatch Dec 13, 2016

It will look nicer than the current dial for sure, but I'm just not sure what to think about the mismatched colours between hands and numerals. Maybe take this dial now (if not too high cost) and wait for another one with the correct colour or another set of gold hands... Good luck anyways.

5. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 14, 2016

HI

Not sure if the dial is the right size... 33 mm is a very large dial for a 30 mm movement. What is the OD of the case in mm ?

best

bill

6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 14, 2016

No offense by what would possess you to want to replace the original dial? To my eyes it's patina heaven. Plus it has sentimental value so why mess with it?

7. westmtn Dec 14, 2016

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for the help. It's definitely a work in progress.

The case is 35mm but it's almost all dial. I'm also fairly certain this is a top loader. I have two of this reference and on the other one you can just barely see the top half of "swiss made" which makes me think the dial falls under the crystal edge. It's going to be close for sure.

8. westmtn Dec 14, 2016

Because it's a redial. Granted an old one. It's also not my favorite flavor of patina.

[​IMG]

9. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 14, 2016

Ah!!!!