Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1940’s Helbros Gilt Radium Dial Chronograph with Venus 188 Movement with a loads of Character

1. sxl2004 May 24, 2017

For your consideration, a 1940’s Helbros Gilt Radium Dial Chronograph with Venus 188 Movement with a lot of Character.

Helbros is an American Watch company that was very active in the midcentury with a variety of watches. This watch dated to the 1940’s WWII era.

The attraction of this watch is the glossy black gilt dial with two subdials. The gilt printing is in fantastic condition. The gilt printing covers the manufactures name and logo below 12 o’clock, the subdials, the minute track and the telemeter scale. The hours are indicated buy luminous Arabic numerals. The hands are golden and the hour and minute hand have luminous material applied. The luminous material contains radium or tritium, consistent with the age of the watch, and it has patinaed the hands and hour markers to perfection and fortunately the dial has survived very well with only a few spots, which are barely noticeable. The Arabic numerals are intact, except the top of the 8 o’clock marker.

The former owner was a photographer and added a white marker at the 13 min mark of the chrono subdial to time development of films. How cool is that?

The case is chrome plated and the case back is stainless-steel and signed Helbros Watch Co, Swiss. The case is in good shape and shows sign of use consistent with the age off the watch. The acrylic crystal has a few minor scratches that do not

The movement is a 17 jewel high-quality Venus 188 chronograph movement.

The strap is genuine braided leather that complements the gilt dial well.

The watch measures 41.6mm lug to lug, 37.1mm wide with crown, 35.4mm wide without crown and 11.5mm high.

Service history is unknown, but the watch runs very well and all functions work as they should.

No box or papers are included.

I am asking USD $799 OBRO

PayPal and bank transfers are accepted. Please add 3% fees for PayPal payments. Shipping & handling is included for CONUS and added for all other countries. Shipping is fully insured and of course the correct value will be used for custom purposes. If PayPal is used, I will ship only to verified addresses. I prefer to ship directly to the buyer, if other arrangements are made I will not be responsible after dropping off the shipment.

I have bought a few watches here on OF and I can provide you with feedback from EBay and Etsy if requested. The buyer may share feedback ratings on request.

Returns will not be accepted unless the watch is grossly different from the description. Please ask relevant questions before you commit to buying. After all, these are vintage watches.

Unfortunately, I am not a watchmaker and therefore cannot guarantee the future performance or water resistance of the watch. I do however try to describe the watch as accurately as possible. I wish this transaction to be win/win and I will do everything to make it so.

Thanks for your interest and to OF for the space and opportunity to post this FS ad. IMG_2356.JPG IMG_2358.JPG IMG_2359.JPG IMG_2360.JPG IMG_2362.JPG IMG_2363.JPG IMG_2364.JPG IMG_2365.JPG IMG_2371.JPG IMG_2372.JPG IMG_2375.JPG IMG_2378.JPG IMG_2356.JPG IMG_2358.JPG IMG_2359.JPG IMG_2360.JPG IMG_2362.JPG IMG_2363.JPG IMG_2364.JPG IMG_2365.JPG IMG_2371.JPG IMG_2372.JPG IMG_2375.JPG IMG_2378.JPG

Giff2577 and Gaz6263 like this.
  2. sxl2004 Jul 8, 2017

Sold