Forums Latest Members
  1. 1980sNYC Dec 4, 2018

You will probably tell me I am crazy but I am looking to restore a vintage monopusher. The Sala book says that the movement is 14 1/2 lignes. What keywords would I use to describe this movement to identify parts? Thank you.

My Inside UG.jpg Sala Book.JPG My UG Dial.jpg
  2. bgrisso Dec 4, 2018

I don't think your eBay search will be that easy. People are not accurate in their description, and often in languages other than English. It just takes slogging through the listings. I see these come up occasionally, they are not valued $ as high as double pusher models, I think you can find something with a little patience and luck. I'm not sure you are looking for parts as much as a complete mvmt swap, or close to it? Good luck !

1980sNYC likes this.
  3. jumpingsecond Dec 4, 2018

Agree with @bgrisso - challenge won't be easy and in the end a complete movement might be the best way to go. Otherwise find a master watchmaker who can fabricate parts. Time, patience & cash on your side anything is possible. Also I second the GL!

1980sNYC and Larry S like this.
  4. Diabolik Dec 4, 2018

The movement formed the base for the UG 287, so you might find that most of the parts (not all) are compatible or at the very least, can be adapted. It may be cheaper to buy a 287 movement and modify it so it works as a 1 pusher movement. That would need some parts from the old movement to be used in the newer movement.

An interesting project !

upload_2018-12-4_18-22-51.png

Larry S, 1980sNYC and jumpingsecond like this.
  5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 4, 2018

How much are you willing to spend. It really comes down to that. I'm not a watchmaker but I know several shops locally in that might take this on and of course RGM in Lancaster PA. You need access to a watchmaker with a good parts network and fabrication capacity. STS in the UK? I would guess this is a restoration candidate. I'd say its going to be a big bill.