Forums Latest Members
  1. PasiK Jul 31, 2019

Hi,

I've inherited Omega wrist wach from 1939. It has cal 30 movement. I already did some research and found out that it's not the first 600 cal 30 movements. Here are also some pictures of the watch. At the moment is under maintenance at local watchmaker.

I'm interested to know how rare or common this cal 30 watch from the 1939 is? And what is this watch value? I'm not going to sell the watch, but I'm interested about the value :) As soon as Omega will get the Extract from the archvies back on working I will order that for this watch.
    Vintage Omega taka.jpg Vintage Omega etu.jpg

heavenscloud, murph, McKinley and 3 others like this.
  2. ConElPueblo Jul 31, 2019

That is a beautiful watch - while I am sorry for your loss, I have to congratulate you on your inheritance and applaud the taste of the original owner.

I can't say much about value, but it looks to be about 37-38mm in diameter - is that correct? With a size that large and a dial that lovely and unspoiled (though patinated), it is not a cheap piece. Quite uncommon - members such as @Tire-comedon, @gatorcpa, @mac_omega, @X350 XJR will know more. Sorry if I missed anyone, these were the members who sprang to my mind when thinking of pre-war collectors and 30mm experts :)

PasiK and DaveK like this.
  3. ConElPueblo Jul 31, 2019

PasiK likes this.
  4. tdn-dk Jul 31, 2019

Could look like a CK 2097, with the jumbo case.

PasiK and ConElPueblo like this.
  5. PasiK Jul 31, 2019

Thank you! And yes it's about that size. I don't have the watch now becouse it's at the watchmaker.