1900’s Pocket Watch

I just inherited my wife’s great grand father’s pocket watch. Based on the serial number I believe it to be from 1915. He came to America from the Netherlands in 1907 and married in 1912. I’m trying to understand what year this watch was made, how much it would have cost back then and if there’s any dollar value to it.
Thank you.
IMG_0944.jpeg IMG_0949.jpeg IMG_0948.jpeg IMG_0947.jpeg IMG_0950.jpeg

Like 5
Welcome

nice heirloom and nice watch looks original to my eyes.

I believe you date it about right
monetary value is mostly the 14kt gold case and then $3-400 for the balance.

Certainly much more in Family Value in my opinion.

if you sell, check for a 14kt stamp on the chain.
Edited:

Like 4
If the chain is 14K, there will be more gold scrap value in it than in the watch.

If you are looking to raise some cash, I suggest you sell the chain and keep the watch for the family - down the track you or someone in your family may really regret selling something that is such a tangible and attractive link to your wife's great grandfather.

Like 2
On the other hand, if you do not attach to pocket watches at all, maybe someone else will be happy to buy a watch with a "chain of title" from new for a premium. Last year I purchased an American pocket watch, with such history, and the seller even was able to provide a photo of the first owner with the watch, his great grandfather. Such documented provenience adds a lot to a value, at least in my eyes. :)

Like 1
Thank you all. I’m not looking to sell it or the chain. I plan on holding on to it and passing it down. It was amazing to me that I wound it and it started right up. A true testament to the mechanical work. I’m going to assume it’s a 1915’s watch based on the serial.