168.029 Constellation - Re-dial?

I just saw (on Google images) 2 other examples that have the straight n, but most are the curved n. I have the date only reference from 1970, ref. 168.017, that has the curved n. The lume dots on the indices seem to have been removed on your example.

It’s always better to share photos vs links as links break.

For posterity, the price is €1,595

IMG_6457.jpeg IMG_6458.jpeg
IMG_6460.jpeg IMG_6459.jpeg

Thank you for your replys so far.

Also interesting this gold-caped model:

1000010852.jpg 1000010853.jpg 1000010850.jpg 1000010851.jpg

Any red flags here? Priced at 1670 GBP on ebay.

Later "transitional" examples of the caliber 751 C-cases introduced the new "Constellation" script lettering with a straight "n" as opposed to the previous curly "n". So that’s correct for a 70s 168.019/029.

This is actually a better dial in terms of design, there is an improvement on the sides, a ring area

With this said, on the close up photo, that star looks like it might be dislodged

The dial appears original to me. When the serifs show up that crisply at high magnification it is diagnostic of an original dial. That being said, I think the price may be a bit high for that example. Of course, the value is whatever anyone is willing to pay for it.

The dial appears original to me. When the serifs show up that crisply at high magnification it is diagnostic of an original dial. That being said, I think the price may be a bit high for that example. Of course, the value is whatever anyone is willing to pay for it.

Thanks. Are you talking about the silver or gold dial?

Edit: sorry, my mistake, understood now

Thanks. Are you talking about the silver or gold dial?

The silver. I’m looking on my phone though, and I can’t really make it out the gold dial as well.

Any other thoughts or even red flags about the golden version?

Laughable price, over polished case, nasty looking movement, very pitted case back.

Thank you so much. In this case, the silver dialed should be prefered, right? not considering the price, though.

With this said, on the close up photo, that star looks like it might be dislodged
It looks like the star is facet side down. Like the facets are keeping slight above the dial.
IMG_1830.jpeg
Shouldn’t the facets side be like this?
IMG_1831.jpeg

I'm under the assumption that all stars are symmetrical, you can turn them 72 degrees and not notice any change, that facets you see are from the photo shadows - but from the photo it looks elevated, maybe possibly mis-glued in place - that part is worrisome

Actually a second look, the shadow of the star appearing under the star, kinda proves the star isn't inserted, so it's best a pass, mainly out of fear that there is glue on the dial

It looks like the star is facet side down. Like the facets are keeping slight above the dial.
IMG_1830.jpeg
Shouldn’t the facets side be like this?
IMG_1831.jpeg
Agreed. It looks like the star was glued on upside down. It’s a shame as the rest of it looks quite nice.

These are watches I really prefer to buy at auction just because they tend to have very few bidders which results in quite low prices. I’ve bought a few for friends for literal peanuts as a result of that.