Forums Latest Members
  1. blue57stealth Apr 6, 2016

Hi All
    I am considering buying this watch from a gold dealer, I know only that the number on the movement is 8625890 and that he tells me it keeps excellent time and is 14k gold. Now ,I am an total novice but would appreciate any input as to the model numbers made and especially value please. I only have one photo but any help is welcome. Thank you

IMG_3515.JPG
  2. smm1208 Apr 6, 2016

::rimshot::

3. Garv no longer a member of the terminally hip Apr 6, 2016

4. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Apr 6, 2016

Gosh Blue,
    This is a tough one.
    I don't see anything that I can positively say for sure is Omega.
    We absolutely have to see the movement and the inside of the caseback to be much help.

Were there any hallmarks stamped on the lugs or caseback?
    There are so many Jeweler cased and contractor cased watches out there and Omega had Deluxe cases also.

If the dealer won't accommodate, offer a gold-scrap value if you can verify, minus your risk factor.

Really, I don't know shit for sure without seeing inside.
    Sorry

untitled.png

blue57stealth likes this.
  5. chronos Apr 6, 2016

I can't offer any more help than uncle Buck neither, but judging by the font of "OMEGA" only, I would say the "M* looks a bit off (which very well may be because of the damaged letter) , whereas the "G* looks like it typically looked like in the 1930ies.

blue57stealth likes this.
  6. chronos Apr 6, 2016

PS: I guess the experts will chime in soon, but as I looked at the dial, I couldn't help myself thinking it was a redial.
    - the 3 on these type of fonts normally had a flat top, not a round one.
    - the 9 and 6 normally were the same, just turned 180', which it clearly isn't.
    - 5 seems to be a bit off as well at the bottom.

But as I said, take that with a salt of grain.

7. blue57stealth Apr 6, 2016

Thanks Fellas
    I'll contact the dealer tomorrow and see if I can get any more pictures, he also had a couple of other Omega's one being a constellation full set. I'm looking to buy my Dad a birthday present and obviously want to get the nicest watch at the best price (doesn't everybody) and he especially likes vintage stuff. Cheers

8. blue57stealth Apr 6, 2016

By the way, he's asking £800 for it. No less.

9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 6, 2016

At that price, it could be 24K and I would still say...

Pass.
    gatorcpa

10. blue57stealth Apr 7, 2016

Well I spoke to the dealer guy today and he is busy till Sunday but I'm working till wednesday and so it goes on....... So I called in to see a friend of mine that offered me an Omega driver with the brown dial for £850 but it could use a service. I have looked online and can only find them with a grey dial, does anyone know approximately how many were produced with a brown dial ?
    Thanks