Forums Latest Members
  1. Ken G Dec 4, 2021

Thanks for that — appreciate the info! :thumbsup:Good to know. Gold purchase may be back on…:)

It was actually STS who restored my cream dial (but with laser welding to the case as opposed to a new one…).

Omegafanman likes this.
  2. Ericthegreek Dec 10, 2021

Hi all. I've just been redirected from @Omegafanman's "Any love for 9pm date windows / 930 Movement - Deville 146.017" post.
    I've just also taken the plunge on one of these stunners at auction. I've not received mine as yet, but from the research I've done and pictures I've seen, here and elsewhere, they are stunning looking pieces. I'm suprised that they're not more popular and can't wait to get mine.
    For anyone interested, here is a brilliant write up on beauties.
    https://www.fratellowatches.com/tbt-omega-deville-chronograph-146017/#gref

This model is the 14k with what looks like a white/cream dial. Difficult to tell from the pictures, but the dial on it looks in pretty decent shape. I'm hoping that means that the watch has been kept well. The case looks like it could be a bit better, so I'll have to wait and see if it's just tarnishing or if the plating has actually rubbed off. I'm hoping it's the former. Would be interested to get any insight of the best way to get the case looking good again. I'm really not a fan of heavy polishing, especially on plated watches. I'd also be interested to hear about any problems any of you may have had and how easy it was to get parts.
    I am loving all of the watches posted here, particularly the ss/blue dial, which has really got my juices flowing.
    This is a very cool thread
    Cheers for now

OC1.jpg 0ab14f02-d01b-4df1-b545-adf000c99c55.jpg
    oddboy and Mark020 like this.
  3. Ericthegreek Dec 14, 2021

Just an update having now received the watch.
    It is in absolutely superb condition considering the age. The case is actually better than I thought, and it turns out that the discolouration was just light tarnishing, which came away with the lightest application of Cape Cod magic.
    The dial is more pearlescent/silver and looks to be in excellent condition. I do have a couple of questions I'd like to ask the experts and longer term owners.
    Firstly, the watch appears to be fuctioning perfectly, and judging by the condition of the case, has had an easy life. Should I get it serviced?
    Secondly, does anyone have any insight as to how to set the date? There appears to be no quick set position, and although the crown works perfectly for winding and moving the hands clockwise, it doesn't do anything when wound anticlockwise. So can't wind back past twelve to move the date wheel on.
    Thanks

ch10a.jpeg Tr1.jpg tr2.jpg
    YYTIN likes this.
  4. Omegafanman Dec 14, 2021

It looks nice from the photos. There is no quick set date function as such,You need to move the hands forward.
    You can move the hand hands back to 9pm from 12pm and then Forward again ...which is a sort of quick set ...

If the watch is working ok and you don’t plan to wear it often you could skip a service.
    If you plan to use it s lot I would get it serviced.
    If with the crown fully extended you can’t move the hands anti-clockwise it sound like a problem / needs checking.
    Mine is in storage or I would have a play.

YYTIN likes this.
  5. Ericthegreek Dec 14, 2021

Thanks for that. I agree, there does appear to be a problem with the anti-clockwise movement of the crown. It almost feels like it's unscrewing itself when wound in that directions. It's certainly not engaging with the hands.
    As I say, clockwise is fine.
    I'm thinking I should get it looked at

YYTIN and Omegafanman like this.
  6. Ericthegreek Jan 4, 2022

Hi Ken,
    How long ago did STS do that great job on your watch?
    I've just contacted them myself about mine and they've told me that this is now a "reserve calibre" whatever that means, and have referred me directly to Omega HQ in Southampton.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on that?
    Thanks

7. Ken G Jan 4, 2022

I got it back from them around October ’19.

There are certain vintage calibres that even authorized Omega Service Centers cannot work on and instead must be sent to Bienne. These are usually things like f300s, vintage LCDs, etc. It looks like the 930 has fallen into that category…:(

8. Ericthegreek Jan 4, 2022

So, slight revision to the above. I've just heard back from STS, apparently the service manager thought it was a caliber 321 in the watch although I gave them the correct reference. When I mentioned that @Ken G had a "recent" repair/restoration, they realised the mistake.
    It will be £550 for a service, does that sound about right?

Omegafanman likes this.
  9. Omegafanman Jan 4, 2022

You can get a bit cheaper - but they will do a very good job and are an approved service centre.

10. Ericthegreek Jan 4, 2022

Good enough for me. I'd much rather go on a recommendation. Thanks

Omegafanman likes this.
  11. Ken G Jan 5, 2022

Good news that they can still work on these! I also have the blue one which I’d like to have serviced, and I hope to acquire the gold at some point in the future…

YYTIN and Omegafanman like this.
  12. Ericthegreek Jan 5, 2022

I'd love to see a pic of your blue one. That is one watch I'd love to have in my collection.

YYTIN and flqt-9000 like this.
  13. YYTIN Jan 5, 2022

I know it's not exactly the place to do so but if ever one of you intend to let a 146017 goes : please contact me :)
    Those watches are soooo deadly beautiful !
    (I've poste a WTB thread but not a single message for 6months).
    Congrats !

Omegafanman likes this.
  14. paddymoran Jan 5, 2022

Couldn’t agree more with you - they are “just wow”!! I’m a real fan of chronographs and I have a few Speedmasters (manual and automatics) but these look far more elegant/ refined and the date at nine is a lovely feature.

YYTIN likes this.