Forums Latest Members
  1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 13, 2014

I'm calling this an incoming, because although I bought it nearly three months ago, it went immediately to the spa for a makeover. The dial and hands were excellent, the bezel was a thrashed service replacement, the crystal generic, and there was a large ding in the side of the case opposite the pushers, and the rest, save the caseback, had seen better days. Everything worked though, and the price was more than right, even considering the work to be done.

I had a few bezels to choose from (I buy them when found for a good price, and no they are not currently for sale!) and decided to go with a telemeter, which I expect to use more often than I would have a decimal or classic tachy version. And I like the look, a bit out of the mainstream.
    image.jpg

No bracelet, and though I have a spare more modern 1171, I chose a tobacco strap from Bulang.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The original caseback was in great shape, but I do love to see the movement, so had a display back installed during the service.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The spa did an excellent job on the case, laser welded the large ding and put on a factory fresh finish. I'd normally leave it alone, but this will be mine for regular wear, and I wanted the case to live up to the dial and hands. It can be done well.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The service wasn't cheap, but even with the bezel factored in, still less than the cost a pre-moon in average condition.

I'm VERY happy with the results, and now have a classic 321 Speedy to wear and enjoy.::love::

image.jpg

2. Pahawi Jun 13, 2014

Looks great - congrats :thumbsup:

Any "before" pics of the damaged area?

3. JohnSteed Jun 13, 2014

::love::

Does look great!

4. Hijak Jun 13, 2014

Very Nice, congratulations on a nice find finally finding your wrist!:thumbsup:

Darlinboy likes this.
  5. JohnSteed Jun 13, 2014

Look is great from this angle ...

image.jpg

and from this side too ...

image.jpg

Amazing work ... Where'd ya get the work done?

Darlinboy likes this.
  6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 13, 2014

ABC Watchwerks - they do cases really well.

Thought I had some pics of the "before", but can't find 'em.::confused2::

Emil and JohnSteed like this.