Forums Latest Members
  1. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Nov 24, 2015

This oversize gold-filled (yes, I know, gold filled, but nonetheless rare, desirable, ...) stop second just sold for $3.1k, with replacement hour hand, chrono second hand.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Swi...-Filled-37-5mm-Manual-Wind-Watch-/16189028032Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mine, the old brother:

image.jpg

I gave some thought to buying it, but the idea of having sequential mov't numbers on 2 rather rare watches, while interesting, didnt ultimately make a compelling enough case for either the diminishing watch fund or my increasingly interested wife.

I can live with just having one.

image.jpg

Edited Nov 24, 2015
  2. DirtyDozen12 Thanks, mystery donor! Nov 24, 2015

Edited Nov 25, 2015
  3. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Nov 25, 2015

I was curios to see where the bidding would end on that one. The seller suggested to those who asked about a buy-it-now price that he already had bids north of 15k. I wouldnt be surprised if the "lost watch" ultimately traded around that level. The stainless steel ref. 23074 is indeed a lovely watch. I think Bain still has one for sale.

It does suggest to my admittedly biased notion that the slightly larger albeit gold filled example traded too cheap.

DirtyDozen12 likes this.
  4. PHPHD Nov 25, 2015

I was watching that as well - I agree that the gold-filled case likely turned most potential bidders away.