Forums Latest Members
  1. Sbond22 Apr 26, 2019

Mine loses about 20 seconds per day. No BFD to me but what is the acceptable accuracy of this watch.

2. speedyproftw Apr 26, 2019

"acceptable" is always a matter of opinion, but you should be able to just get it regulated by a watch maker to being a few seconds off per day. If it keeps getting worse over time, you should probably get it serviced. When the main spring wears out, this is pretty normal. My Speedies are generally 5-10 sec off per day, which is perfectly okay to me for a non-COSC watch.

Sbond22 likes this.
  3. Sbond22 Apr 26, 2019

Thanks for very straightforward, informative, and helpful reply.

Edited Apr 26, 2019
  4. MTROIS Apr 26, 2019

When is the last time this watch was serviced?? They can easily be regulated to +|- 5 secs a day when freshly serviced.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 27, 2019

Omega specs call for the Cal. 321 to run between -1 and +16 seconds per day for the average daily rate, measured over 3 positions. The Delta at full wind can be as much as 20 seconds, and at 24 hours after full wind that goes to 30 seconds. Again this is measured over only 3 positions.

In the end how accurate a vintage watch like can run depends on a few things...one is the overall condition of the movement. If it's in good shape, then you can expect that a standard service will bring it back to running well. But if it's all worn out, needs parts that are discontinued and difficult to source, then a lot depends on the watchmaker you choose and your wallet's tolerance for getting it back as it should be.

I'm working on one right now that's a mess and needs some parts that are long discontinued, so it's going to take time and money to get it back running the way it should. Not everyone cares enough about accuracy to want to spend a lot getting it to run the way it should...

Cheers, Al

6. stefman Apr 29, 2019

And there I was getting all worried mine went from around 8 secs/day to 12 secs/day. Interesting info.

nonuffinkbloke likes this.