105.003-63 restoration. Where would you trust?

You’d need to get it to your mum in person. Posting to her would still require import duty and VAT to be paid unless you didn’t declare the value and used separate insurance. However, the same would apply to posting to a UK based watchmaker

You are right! God this Brexit is pain! Perhaps I can find someone to take it back for me and post it there... Or perhaps Germany is a Better option, or perhaps here in Denmark...? Arghhhh!

Great watch you got. Since you said its a -63, do you also have movement shots? Would love to see how far away it is from mine serial wise 😀

Thank you. No, no shots of the movement I'm afraid. I will ask for some photos when the work is being done and post them so you can see.

i too cant recommend Simon Freese enough
i would take your time
if you plan to visit your mum in the near ish future
take the watch with you
send it or even visit Simon in person while your here.
but above all, dont rush it
its been a long time waiting and a bit more time wont hurt and will be worth the wait

i too cant recommend Simon Freese enough
i would take your time
if you plan to visit your mum in the near ish future
take the watch with you
send it or even visit Simon in person while your here.
but above all, dont rush it
its been a long time waiting and a bit more time wont hurt and will be worth the wait

I've just had this exact conversation with my wife. We have had a look at it and the price of flying over, renting a car and flying back in the same day, wouldn't be much more than the post +insurance (post is expensive in Denmark) so why not fly and do it in person.

I've just had this exact conversation with my wife. We have had a look at it and the price of flying over, renting a car and flying back in the same day, wouldn't be much more than the post +insurance (post is expensive in Denmark) so why not fly and do it in person.
great plan!

I've done this once or twice when buying...much more fun for pretty much the same outlay and even better, no waiting time before strapping on the new watch 😀