Forums Latest Members

$10 Replacement Bracelet - Amazing Value (Speidel Bracelet)

1. HobokenHorology Jun 12, 2017

Hello everyone.

This is my first post on this forum. I just thought I would share a recent video I created.

Speidel are impressive for the value. I'm amazing at what you get for $10. Some might not agree with putting them on a high end watch but I have to say I'm really liking the look.

neilfrancis likes this.
  2. No Mercy Jun 12, 2017

These flex ends will destroy your watch's lugs. I cant recommend these type of bracelet.

KingCrouchy, 89-0, albertob and 4 others like this.
  3. HobokenHorology Jun 12, 2017

I'll have to take a good look at the lugs and see if they are scratched. I'm not sure if I agree that the spring and the metal from the bracelet can "destroy" the lugs.

4. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jun 12, 2017

It can...plenty examples of ruined watches

5. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jun 12, 2017

It's not a matter of scratching the lugs. The continuous tugging on the lug holes will eventually gouge them out

6. tyrantlizardrex Jun 12, 2017

Most would not agree with putting them on any watch... unless there was someone you really didn't like all that much, and you could fit one to their watches... although even then...

7. R3D9 Jun 12, 2017

Come on! No need to take things out on a perfectly good watch ;)

Nitzbar, tyrantlizardrex and Jwit like this.
  8. omegastar Jun 12, 2017

Does this mean you don't have hair on your arms ?

9. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jun 12, 2017

It's pronounced spi-dell, not spee-dell.

10. WatchWarlock Jun 12, 2017

Welcome to the forums! Have to agree with majority of the members above. I've come across a fair share of gouged/deeply scratched lugs directly linked to the use of those bands.

Been watching your videos for awhile now and appreciate the non-traditional subject matters. I'm located in JC so let's talk watches over a beer!

neilfrancis likes this.
  11. cristos71 Jun 12, 2017

Bit of a weird first post IMHO.

You're not sponsored by Speidel by any chance are you?

albertob and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  12. WatchWarlock Jun 12, 2017

Haha at least it is spurring discussion. Whereas the majority of 1st posts are "is this real and what is it worth?"

Civic4982, mikekchc, dinexus and 3 others like this.
  13. neilfrancis Jun 12, 2017

Jwit likes this.
  14. Canuck Jun 12, 2017

Several years ago, I bought 50 of those, Stainless steel only, NOS, 3 different styles, for $20.00. Anybody need one for the cost of the postage? These ends are tough on watches with plated cases that are worn a lot. But stainless steel cases aren't bothered a lot. PM me if you need one.

15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 12, 2017

I prefer my steel cases not to be bothered at all. A recent example of what these can do:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for softer materials, it's even worse as this 18k gold example shows:

[​IMG]

These are best left in a drawer as a memento if they came on a watch you inherited, or tossed in the garbage - I would never install one on a watch I own or one of my customers.

Cheers, Al

16. RJwatches Jun 12, 2017

Might be an easy way to get your 20mm straps to fit straight lugged cases, just wear it on a Speidel for a while :D

Eve and KingCrouchy like this.
  17. cvera Jun 12, 2017

Haha that's an interesting thought.

Besides being a celebrity/athlete who provides brand exposure and sales as a result. How would someone become sponsored by a watch company? Is there a certain watch talent?

Because I've been practicing reading the time and I must admit I'm pretty good at it.

ahartfie likes this.
  18. Meme-Dweller Jun 12, 2017

$10 is pretty expensive, considering you get a cheap quartz watch with the same band from Wal-mart for $8... and they make a profit from those.

19. Theluglife Dec 31, 2018

I have FOIS and settled on a twist o flex as a cheap bracelet option. I love the look and comfort of this bracelet. After just three months of wear, I can see and feel the wear the bracelet is making on the inside of the lugs. I was shocked at how quickly it managed to do this. Needless to say, my FOIS is back on its leather strap and the search for a solution for new bracelet is back on.

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried any hacks to reduce the wear from the twist of flex? I was thinking of grinding odd some of the arm that digs into the inside of the lugs then polishing them. Maybe even inserting a small pieces of plastic between the bracelet and the lugs to act as a kind of washer. Anyone tried anything like this?

20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 1, 2019

Yep, not using them and leather have helped me a fair bit. ;)