Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1. gen. Zenith Compur "Roessler" Massive price reduction

1. valjoux72 Jan 15, 2018

Hi OF,

Due to a perspective new addition I have to sell an important watch of my private collection to raise funds…
    So up for sale is my great looking 1. gen Zenith Compur I call it “Roessler”, as it is illustrated in Roessler´s Zenith book on page 219.
    20180115_140019.jpg
    This very first two pusher Zenith chronograph was built around 1934-35 and contains what might be the rarest Zenith chronograph movement, a modified and highly finished Valjoux 22gh with a second column wheel.

These very first Zenith Compurs were only built for a very short period of time and are an important milestone in Zenith´s brand history. Nearly impossible to source! On my research I only found a handful of these watches, and most survivors are in very desperate condition. Please be aware that the offered watch has been restored in its earlier days.

You find more information about this very special watch here… https://omegaforums.net/threads/roe...nith-compur-mystery-solved.49986/#post-601798

CONDITION

Dial & hands: Beautiful silver/black sector dial with red scales in great condition, restored in earlier days. Both outer telemetre scale and inner spiral tachometer scale in red.

My watchmaker was able to source some blued spatial hands that fit perfectly in time & style. But I still have the hands shown in Roessler´s book in my possession. I will sell the watch with both handsets. So the next owner will be able to change it back.

20161201_141220.jpg
    Movement: Beautifully finished and modified Valjoux 22gh with Breguet hairspring and compensation balance. Even the front side of the main plate, where you can see the function of the second column wheel, has a perlage finish.
    Perlage front side.jpg

No service history, all functions work as it should.

Case: Stainless steel “staybrite” snap on back, two olive-shaped chronograph pushers in the band, just next to the lugs.Over all in very good condition. The watch has a beautiful concave bezel which catches the light to great effect. Triple signed Zenith on the dial, movement and case back. Serial number (from Universal/Martel) and some service marks inside the caseback.

20161201_141131.jpg

Case size is around 37 mm, wears beautiful on the wrist. Only worn on very special occasions .

wrist neue Zeiger.jpg

Price: Christies sold a very similar 1. Gen. Universal Geneve Compur with nearby serial and a black/silver sector dial for around 50k € back in Nov. 2016 in Geneva. here
    Due to the early restoration I offer this rare Zenith Compur, which is on my behalf a true collector item, on a price far below.

Asking price is 8.5k € + shipping/insurance. Paypal or bank wire only. The watch is located in Germany and will be sold without box or papers. No trading this time.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me. Thank you OF for the space. I would be glad to see this watch stays in the OF family!

Edited Jan 15, 2018
    Syrte, ELV web, Larry S and 6 others like this.
  2. valjoux72 Jan 16, 2018

BUMP - Willing to sell, so open for reasonable offers!

3. valjoux72 Jan 17, 2018

It might feel strange today as nearly all chronographs come with two pushers.
    But back in the 1930´s it was a big and important "Nouveauté", as you can see from this Breitling ad from 1934.
    Breitling Advertisment.php.jpg
    BUMP, lowered price to 8k €. Open to hear your offer.

4. valjoux72 Jan 18, 2018

Just asked for the correct case size, so diameter is around 37 mm.
    Still open for offers.

Durchmesser.jpg

5. valjoux72 Jan 21, 2018

Weekend BUMP at 7.9k€ plus shipment.
    Some serious interest but no decision yet.
    Still open to offers.

6. valjoux72 Jan 23, 2018

What makes this watch so very special is the modified Valjoux 22gh movement.
    But you don´t have to open case back, just sit back comfortable and have a look at Roessler´Zenith book.
    Uhr mit Roessler Buch.jpg

Perfect size at 37,4 mm, not as Roessler described in 46mm.

7. Florent Jan 23, 2018

Is the dial original ? (Edit : just readed well your post, sorry!)

8. valjoux72 Jan 23, 2018

As described in my first post on this thread, the watch/dial was restored in its earlier days. Dial layout is supposed to be original, as you can see from the font style it was printed later.
    Otherwise I would have offered this extreme rare watch in the same price range than the very similar black 1. gen. Universal Compur that was auctioned by Christies in November 2016...
    Screenshot-2018-1-23 Universal.png

Maybe I should add a bonklip too;)...

9. valjoux72 Jan 26, 2018

Due to the high price for Universal Compur shown on my last BUMP, it is very difficult to level the right price for my 1. gen. Zenith Compur.
    I know the price is quite high for a restored watch, but these early Zenith/Universal Compurs for sure are really important in both brands history.
    So after some discussion I have decided to lower the price for the last time. If not sold over the weekend, I will withdraw the watch and sell it otherwise.
    Price is reduced now to 6.500 € + shipping.

10. valjoux72 Jan 26, 2018

watch is OHPF. Thanks OF for space!

11. valjoux72 Mar 6, 2018

Sold. Thanks to OF.