…that’s just how they’re raised on some other forums

I’m on a few collecting groups on Facebook (pocket watches, railway history) and one in particular is made up almost entirely of graceless mouth breathers who post a terrible pic along with a very brief “what’s this watch worth”. I am amazed by how many responses they get, and I’ve assumed that the FB group was created just to get first dibs on something before it gets to market.

It’s frustrating when we get those “do all my homework” posts here. Sometimes I figure it’s just a bad day with google translate, or some other barrier. Sometimes it really feels like a shady dealer or a redialler wanting pointers. Its always a nice reminder of how much I appreciate how this forum works hard to keep it honest, and to keep it a solid place to learn. Thanks everyone for being so great - everyone except @Fritz, who only wants t talk about bicycles these days.

Thats the nicest looking classic Gazelle I 've seen for many years. Won't see them in Amsterdam in that condition.

Thats the nicest looking classic Gazelle I 've seen for many years. Won't see them in Amsterdam in that condition.
The most comfy bike I’ve ever owned.

And at nicely over 50 pounds, the heaviest as well.

the guys in the bike shop marvel at the fact that it weights as much as three of their racing bikes.

Oooooh! What great miracle braid lanyards that seat would make! Or I’m sure that @Duracuir1 is also ogling the leather!
I already own a few Brooks saddles. Here is one. I made the bag though.

Vintage Brooks saddles: B17 Swallow with stitched sides; Sprinter. Very rare in this condition.

Vintage Brooks saddles: B17 Swallow with stitched sides; Sprinter. Very rare in this condition.

Ohhhh, a B17 Narrow! That's what I had on my Viking Severn Valley as a teenager 👍

I already own a few Brooks saddles. Here is one. I made the bag though.
I’d love a tool kit for the back of my bike... perhaps that character @DaveK knows someone capable of making such a thing...

How much for this?

Thats one of the rare Snoopydog prototype, only three were made, its been missing since the great fire of 37! It is truly priceless!!

My Uncle has the other two in case you’d like to put in an offer. They are mint! You could sacrifice those two to fix yours up.

Oooooooo... whats that black one!
That's a Sunbeam "Light Tourer" mid 1930s. Not mine but I was given custody of it for a couple of years when the owner had run out of space in a move of bike storage (aka new home for the family). Rather high geared for a 90 cadence rider.

My Uncle has the other two in case you’d like to put in an offer

Tell your uncle I'll take them, and price is no object.

This thread may have set a record for quickest drift off topic. That said. I’m a Brooks fan too….nothing better.

I’d love a tool kit for the back of my bike... perhaps that character @DaveK knows someone capable of making such a thing...

Id be happy to. I have some nice chocolate brown saddle bag leather that’d be perfect.

And true story, I just bought this this morning

That’s all we need , a thread about a peloton of people trying to peddle their wares about Velocipedes . And so the cycle begins again and around & around it will go until someone gets tyred.
Edited: