Forums Latest Members

“Christine”: my ’57 LE Railmaster- a reality check

1. mblease Jul 23, 2019

I have a deposit down for a RM that I hope to be seeing in the flesh this week. This thread has got me all hyped up... hope it lives up to it when I try it on. Thanks for doing such a great review, always so good to hear the opinions of actual owners rather than bloggers.

2. sturosen Jul 23, 2019

You're gonna love it. Good choice!

mblease likes this.
  3. MikeJF Dec 15, 2019

This is a fantastic review. It’s partially the reason I purchased my Railmaster LE. I tried on the others and there was just something about the Railmaster’s simplicity that offered so much more than its Speedmaster and Seamaster counterparts. Great things come in small packages!

9B57C402-8CB9-40B3-9A43-142A4E24F2B9.jpeg
  4. Riviera Paradise Dec 15, 2019

100% agree. After many years of looking at the RM60th I have to admit that it probably has the most beautiful proportions / classical design of any modern Omega...the bracelet integration with those long lugs was so ahead of its time for 1957...it still looks contemporary today!

I increasingly regret not purchasing the RM60th from my local OB before they closed down. Good thing is that there are still many available for purchase on the Internet...I am thinking of hunting for a good quasi-BNIB for 2020.:)

Edited Dec 15, 2019
    amiriqbal and Longbow like this.
  5. MikeJF Dec 16, 2019

You really should. Another thing that sticks out to me is the dial. Just omega railmaster on it. In a time when company’s write too much in the disk this is just perfect. I purchased mine from Timeless Luxury Watches in Texas and it had EVERYTHING. it was an incredible price. Ask for Dan and he’ll hook you up.

6. syf Dec 29, 2019

Excellent review! The domed crystal I found is the one that makes this and, along with the way the case wears on the wrist, what I miss most about this watch as I had to move it on after about 12 months. It would have been terrific to see a hand wound movement in this similar to the original and perhaps a slightly thinner clasp on the bracelet.

Longbow likes this.
  7. Fabrice M Dec 30, 2019

This is a great write-up. I love the railmaster , the old and the new one, but I especially like the trilogy one.

Pun and Longbow like this.
  8. bobbyweir72 Nov 6, 2022

Bumping this thread…does anyone have some shots of one of these on a 6.5in wrist? Totally in love (was originally looking for an Explorer but wanted something more unique) but am concerned that the 48mm lug to lug may be a little too big

SC1 likes this.
  9. SC1 Nov 6, 2022

I can do better than that for you...

my new RM, just took delivery three days ago from Japan (and expedited perfectly by our very own @krogerfoot here at OF), on a 6.25 inch wrist:

20221103_153824-01.jpeg