‘SQUEAKING’ NOISE WHILST WINDING SPEEDMASTER

I purchased a Speedmaster at the start of the year and I’ve now started to hear a squeaking noise just before reaching maximum power.

Has anyone else experienced something similar and if so, is it something I should report to my AD? I wasn’t sure if my OCD was getting the better of me!

You purchased it new, correct? Nope, that’s not normal. Why it happens towards the end of the wind others will chime in on, maybe the mainspring?

You purchased it new, correct? Nope, that’s not normal. Why it happens towards the end of the wind others will chime in on, maybe the mainspring?

Purchased brand new on 31st December 2022 direct from an Omega store. I think I’ll get in touch with them. Thanks for your opinion.

You need to join the Air Force and work on jets for twenty years.
Then you won't even hear the squeak.
;)
Just drop by to an Omega place and get them to check it out.

Like 5
I think:

1. you have exceptionally good hearing.

and

2. you are hearing the stem rub against the gasket as it winds.

I have never heard this myself, but have seen a few threads from people worrying about this “squeaking” sound and that’s the general consensus of what it is. I believe these gaskets have a small amount of grease applied when they are installed. Perhaps yours is a little dry? I didn’t think it’s anything to worry about, but perhaps others will chime in if they know otherwise.

I think:

1. you have exceptionally good hearing.

and

2. you are hearing the stem rub against the gasket as it winds.

I have never heard this myself, but have seen a few threads from people worrying about this “squeaking” sound and that’s the general consensus of what it is. I believe these gaskets have a small amount of grease applied when they are installed. Perhaps yours is a little dry? I didn’t think it’s anything to worry about, but perhaps others will chime in if they know otherwise.

I considered the gasket too, but then I wondered: the watch is a bit new for a dried out gasket, plus the gasket/tube interface doesn’t really get altered by the mainspring length, does it?

Like 1
I purchased a Speedmaster at the start of the year and I’ve now started to hear a squeaking noise just before reaching maximum power.

Has anyone else experienced something similar and if so, is it something I should report to my AD? I wasn’t sure if my OCD was getting the better of me!

Mine also creaks for the last couple of turns before the stop. Sound probably started around first year of ownership. Owned the watch for three years now. No other issues with power reserve or accuracy.

Like 1
I’ve also spoken with my AD. They have never experienced this issue before, so it looks like it may need to get sent away if it’s really bothering me.

You need to join the Air Force and work on jets for twenty years.
Then you won't even hear the squeak.
;)
Just drop by to an Omega place and get them to check it out.
I second this sentiment, commercial will make you just as deaf. My wife is always complaining about it but I can't hear a thing....

Squeaking?? Something is in there, that squeaks for your attention and wants to get out .... Be careful ! Best to send it over and we can dispose of it in a save Way. Will even pay for the Courier to get the job done.