Forums Latest Members

FS Universal Geneve Uni-Compax Chronograph Watch, SS, Caliber 287, Transitional Pusher

1. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Feb 12, 2014

Up for sale is a rare Universal Geneve Uni-Compax chronograph in stainless steel. The watch runs and the chronograph function engages, stops, and resets (not exactly to zero), but I highly recommend a service. I don't think this has been cleaned in decades and it takes a bit of effort to wind it.

The dial is clean. The crystal may need replacing, as it's scratched up. We've been having discussions about whether the dial is factory original or whether it may have been refinished by a UG certified dealer. I believe it's original - and there are many examples of the same configuration, but there is still a discussion.

This watch sports rare transitional small pushers that were produced between the period of flat pushers and waterproof large mushroom pushers.They're subtle, unique, and attractive (I thank Woodwkr2 for the information).

The reference number is 22492 and the case serial number is 1048455.

The 287 movement is in beautiful and very clean shape. Somebody either took care of this watch or forgot about it.

Strap not included, though I might be able to find one that fits and send it over.

Approximately 35mm in diameter, excluding the crown.

I'm asking $1750 + shipping for this one or best offer. if you think my initial asking price is too high, let me know. I think it's fair. One sold on Ebay a few days ago in significantly worse condition for $50 more. http://www.ebay.com/itm/111273474689Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Feb 13, 2014

Forgot to add a picture of the dial without the crystal. It's there now.

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 13, 2014

I can't see any photos?
    :confused:

4. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Feb 13, 2014

Can you still not see any? Strange.

5. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Feb 13, 2014

It's just Daniel. He's only seeing speedmasters now.

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 14, 2014

Yet another fault with Tapatalk. Can see them fine using Chrome.
    Trev is this a known fault?

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 14, 2014

My tastes have moved SO much. 2 years ago, I never thought I would be interested in speedys or sports watches or chronos at all.