Forums Latest Members

Universal Geneve Polerouter 215-2

1. sliceoftime_ Feb 4, 2015

Hey guys,

I've been on the hunt for the Polerouter by Gerald Genta, and I was wondering if you guys can help me figure out this problem.

This is the watch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Everything looks great, and looks a good deal at $280. However I went on to Polerouter - collection, and discovered that there is a slight difference to the model that is being offered.
    [​IMG]

As you see the text on the dial on the web has "microrotor" and mine doesn't. I have checked several models with the date with the 215-2 movement but cant seem to find one without the "microrotor". Is it actually genuine to only have the automatic on the 215-2 movement.

Any feedback on this? The watch is currently on hold, so any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys.

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 4, 2015

My Polerouter Date has the same dial, but has a micrometer regulator on the movement:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think your potential purchase is just fine.
    gatorcpa

3. sliceoftime_ Feb 4, 2015

Glad to hear that, but isn't yours with the 218-2 movement? or is that not a big difference in determining the dial?

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 4, 2015

It is, but I doubt it makes a difference. Is there a reference number on the watch? If so, Google it up. I think you will find several different dial configurations for each reference.

Like this one:

http://www.lorologiese.com/us/unive...outer-date-automatic-micro-rotor-cal-215.html

gatorcpa

5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 5, 2015

Your concern is unwarranted. These type of dial variations are typical of most brands and models. "Microrotor" need not appear for the dial to be original and/or correct.

6. sliceoftime_ Feb 6, 2015

Just a quick update, I decided to pass on the deal as the dial was too dirty, so back on the hunt for a black polerouter!