Forums Latest Members

To keep my seamaster or not to keep, that is the question?

1. omegaaddict Apr 15, 2014

I've recently been struggling with whether or not to keep my seamaster titanium you can see pictures from my withdrawn sales thread here
    http://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-seamaster-professional-titanium-2231-80-00.11733/

I currently have an AT 8500 with silver dial that I simply adore and a LE Michael schumacher speedy that though i don't wear much came from someone special and so i could never sell it.

My collection is heavy on Omegas and I've had my eye on the Tudor heritage Chronograph in blue for a while now, and located a new one at what seems to be an excellent price. I simply love the orange and blue combo, and have been looking at it for several months now.

It's been a while since I've sprung for something new which is why I am hesitant, additionally I would have to sell the seamaster to help finance the new acquisition and free up space in my collection. Problem is I also love the seamaster, and would be sad to let it go.

Any thoughts, opinions on the issue would be much appreicated, especially from people hwo are familiar with Tudor, as it is not a brand I have ever known, nor do I have extensive knowledge of the brand.

Thanks in advance!

2. msp1518 Apr 15, 2014

Just remember that if you get tired of it you will take a huge hit moving it having bought new. That being said, a new time piece is a special thing and the fact that it will diversify your collection is a plus.

Do what your gut tells you.

JohnSteed likes this.
  3. omegaaddict Apr 15, 2014

Thats the thing though the price I have found it at new right now is only about $200-300 more than most of the preowned I have seen around, so at least for now the hit is actually marginal

4. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Apr 17, 2014

Buy the Tudor AND keep the Omega. Embrace debt, it's the American way. :cool:

Jimmy Jim likes this.
  5. omegaaddict Apr 17, 2014

It's taking a lot of constraint not to do just that

6. Noisy Nova Apr 17, 2014

"constraint" What does this mean? This word does not appear in the watch idiot's dictionary. :whistling:

JohnSteed likes this.
  7. omegaaddict Apr 17, 2014

You guys need stop enabling hahahaha