Forums Latest Members

screwdriver size for SM 300 case clamps

1. VictorAlpha Apr 17, 2014

Al, I agree with you 100%.

I will quite possibly after all the cautions I've received here, request the watchmaker to remove the movement and allow me to polish the crystal as advised by Woodwkr2 in a previous post.

I am still a bit hesitant because of the manner of handling that I saw, but as I said my biggest concern is getting the case clamp screws out due to the incredibly small size of the slots. I would not wish to cause more damage than I fix.

2. VictorAlpha Apr 17, 2014

Thanks again!

3. VictorAlpha Apr 24, 2014

After quite a lot of thought on this and looking at all the advice freely given in this thread I decided to compromise. I'll ask the local watchmaker to dissasemble the watch store the movement safely in a dustproof container, and I'll take the case home and apply some polywatch to the inside of the crystal with a microfibre.

Thanks for alll the wise words.

4. Swordhands Apr 26, 2022

Hey Al

Question, how is the tube itself secured into the case? I’ve got a 2531.8 where the entire tube has come free from the threading. I’m assuming some kind of loctite, but wanted to be sure.
    Thanks

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 26, 2022

There are two types used on this model, depending on the specific case number. One is threaded into the case, so you would use red Loctite thread locking compound.

The other is a press fit, and for that you use Loctite retaining compound before pressing it n.

Dash1 likes this.