Forums Latest Members

Private sales... a leading question

1. tyrantlizardrex Mar 2, 2015

Probably a question for the mods, but how come some people with under 200 posts, who joined within the last couple of months can post in the Private Sales forum?

Is it a case of one rule for everyone, except a few of those people over there that we like?

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 2, 2015

Its a case of one rule for people that bothered to read the stickies, and another rule for those that didn't bother, and as a result didn't know they could PM myself or DLT222 and ask for an exception.

3. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Mar 2, 2015

Easy one, friend!
    All along the Forum has stated that you are welcome to request permission to post before reaching 200.
    The hierarchy realizes that many are established on other forums or are able to verify their competency and honesty by other means.
    The 200 posts has always been a general rule to protect from the unscrupulous and subject to discussion/ruling in both directions.
    The Mod's have wiped out posts of farmers spamming every thread with a "nice watch".
    I hope this is agreeable to you and doesn't create any ill feelings.
    Personally, I think it's well done.

gatorcpa and Darlinboy like this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex Mar 2, 2015

Gotcha.

No ill feelings, thoroughly happy to see scammers, blagards and other pirates removed from the internet, just wondering really.

Thanks for the clarification!

5. tyrantlizardrex Mar 2, 2015

Oh and not to be a gentleman sausage about it, but I read the stickies a few times, and I can't see anywhere that it says:

"Its a case of one rule for people that bothered to read the stickies, and another rule for those that didn't bother, and as a result didn't know they could PM myself or DLT222 and ask for an exception."

I could be missing something though... as always happy to be proven wrong.

6. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 3, 2015

Most people use their common sense when realising that they can't post in the sales section and message us requesting access.

7. tyrantlizardrex Mar 3, 2015

Ok... Still trying hard not to be a gentleman sausage here, but if there's a rule, with guidelines, I don't think its a case of common sense to ask for permission to break that rule... Clearly far too German to understand.

OmegaRookie and Nobel Prize like this.
  8. Pvt-Public Mar 3, 2015

Not really common sense as much as reading skills. As quoted right from the sticky:

"If you need to reach out to any forum moderator please feel free to do so with any questions you might have."

In my mind that says ask a moderator. But maybe that's just my German stock coming out.

cicindela likes this.
  9. tyrantlizardrex Mar 3, 2015

Still no implication that you can ask for permission to break the rules. ;-)

Thanks for clarifying.