Forums Latest Members

Please Tell Us About Forum Issues, Bugs, Your Suggestions, Etc.

1. Wetworks Apr 5, 2012

I'm currently using Chrome, version 18.0.1025.142. I've tried shift-refresh to no avail.

2. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 5, 2012

Thanks. I was on that version of Chrome, too, but couldn't duplicate it.

Which version of Windows or Mac OS are you running? (you can message this to me privately, if you prefer). I'll fire up a test environment using the same specs.

3. Wetworks Apr 6, 2012

I'm using Windows 7 Premium, with all the latest patches installed. It only started happening a couple of weeks ago. Coincidentally, Chrome will not hold the size of sub-windows that I open if I bring iTunes to the forefront. That just started as well. Odd stuff, I'm probably due for a reinstall of the OS.

4. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 6, 2012

I've tried to match your setup as closely as possible in a virtual machine, and unfortunately didn't have any luck duplicating the bug.
    Screen Shot 2012-04-07 at 12.34.55 PM.png
    Do you have any extensions installed in Chrome? Anything that might affect page rendering, even if it seems unlikely.

Seems like a pretty obscure bug (I can't duplicate using different versions of Chrome across Mac/Windows). Regardless, I'd still like to figure out why it happens :)

Win7 can be pretty annoying. Usually I'd just say "get a Mac", but their last update (10.7.3) is shockingly bad. Buggy and unstable. :cautious:

5. steven Nov 21, 2012

Hi fellas, i'm just wondering if the boxes our posts are displayed in, can be made responsive in their design? I only ask, as now that i'm firmly addicted to this site, to read a full page of posts takes quite a bit of scrolling (especially on an iPhone) when in some cases, each poster may only input one line or one word of text. Could, for example the OP's post stats, be moved to the right of the avatar? (This would shrink the size of a brief message box by half.)

This is absolutely not a complaint or by any means affecting my enjoyment of the site, i'm purely curious as I work in marketing...and a lot of the stuff i'm working on at the moment is mobilisation of websites and responsive design dependent on eg: pixel width of device / browser window etc.

Trev likes this.
  6. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jan 7, 2013

Only cropped up today, inbox showing as one message when actually empty. Possibly after todays scammer was zapped ?

7. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jan 8, 2013

Yes, seems likely. Also, sometimes it lags behind a bit and a page refresh will sort it out.

8. Poloplayer Antimagnetic Member Jan 8, 2013

+1 - I have that issue too

9. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jan 8, 2013

All of the messages sent from the scammer's account were deleted . The stats cache on the server may not have updated yet. We'll force a re-build of the server caches at a less busy time. Hopefully that does the trick.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

10. Melhadary Feb 20, 2013

I've been noticing the repeated use of "New Arrival: xxxxx" when members want to share their new beauties, and wanted to suggest that we pin a "New Arrivals" thread to the top of the Modern and Vintage sections of the forum. Something like the "WRUW Today", where every member showcases their new arrival, up for opinions, scrutiny or added info from the amazing number of experts we have here, and adds as much pictures and info about ref. #, caliber, model name, etc as possible to their entry.... Eventually, an awesome database will be compiled, and would be an easily searchable reference page for everyone.

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 20, 2013

I don't favor a "thread" approach as successive new watch postings tend to prematurely eclipse discussion on preceding watches and tittle searches make it easier to search the data. Perhaps some day in the future a "forum section for arrivals" might be in order.

12. Melhadary Feb 20, 2013

That's not to mention some of the comical "::rimshot::" comments that are often made, too :D.

13. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 20, 2013

I am in favor of a "Tittle Search" function, though

14. ulackfocus Feb 20, 2013

I'm in favor of a "send Dennis your new watch for testing" function.

15. Melhadary Feb 20, 2013

Need I say more!?

16. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 20, 2013

After Dennis has tested them they should be sent for some soothing Scottish air ;)

17. ulackfocus Feb 20, 2013

Isn't that "dial renewing" Scottish air?

18. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 20, 2013

That's the magic air ( no g-strings involved) Dennis you know you and I could have a good thing going here, set up on t'bay, know knowing how far we could go :rolleyes:

19. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 7, 2013

Can I please request two additional emoticons?
    - something to represent deliberately stirring the pot (e.g. my incensant anti-americanisms);
    - something to represent "we want photos"

20. ulackfocus Apr 7, 2013

[​IMG]

That's a little harder. ::confused2::

Maybe [​IMG] but it's kinda small, or [​IMG] but it's a little large.

I also believe "beating a dead horse" would be good.

[​IMG] or [​IMG]