Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Pro Apollo XI 40th Anniversary Review

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 8, 2012

Not sure I'd agree with that, we've had plenty of members come along with the new Cal 8500 and Cal 9300 Planet Oceans already and they're popping up everywhere on various watch forums :)

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 8, 2012

Gee what a surprise, who would have thought you would come up with that.:rolleyes:

3. alam Aug 8, 2012

is all in the name ::bleh::

4. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Aug 8, 2012

As a Daytona owner turned speedmaster guy I'm thrilled omega will never be Rolex. The refusal of Rolex to allow parts to be sold would be reason enough to avoid them

cicindela and dsio like this.
  5. OmegawillnevernbeRolex Missing A Chromosome Aug 8, 2012

Rolex is part of the Swatch group?.::rimshot::.i thought the Swatch group was trying to hold back selling of parts...that's it!..i'm selling my Rolexes..they lied to me!
    I have daytonas and subs,datejusts and they all run within +-1 second,my speed masters are within 16-30 seconds per day..on a good day.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 8, 2012

Oh good grief. You are dealing with a group of people that own Rolex and Omega and IWC and Patek and JLC and VC etc. If this is all you have come here to do, get lost. You are wasting our time.

7. alam Aug 8, 2012

I think we just witnessed a case of ::blowup::

8. ulackfocus Aug 8, 2012

Wow, you should have your Rolexes bronzed! :rolleyes:

Let me check under the kitchen sink for.....

.....okay, got it!

[​IMG]

Dude, you should join an Audi Forum and extoll the virtues of BMW. :eek:

legends71 and alam like this.
  9. OmegawillnevernbeRolex Missing A Chromosome Aug 8, 2012

Dude, you should join an Audi Forum and extoll the virtues of BMW. :eek:[/quote]
    Dude,I'm here extolling the virtues of Rolex,kinda like when you Omega wanna be Rolexes come on the Rolex forum and make yourselves look like fools.[/quote]

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 8, 2012

Not particularly good at using quotes either, just out of interest, while you were buying your many Daytonas subs and datejusts, did anyone explain to you the difference between a chronometer and non chronometer movement, or the difference between accuracy and regulation?

11. OmegawillnevernbeRolex Missing A Chromosome Aug 8, 2012

I love watching that Bond movie when that doll asks Bond "ROLEX" and Bond replies "OMEGA" that has to be the wildest case of a watch company wanting to associate with Rolex..classic...,Bond off set wears one of many Rolexes..bwahahahaha.

12. OmegawillnevernbeRolex Missing A Chromosome Aug 8, 2012

Yeah I know which are certified,but I fell for the 50 percent off sale...I'm a sucker.

13. ulackfocus Aug 8, 2012

Um, dude - take a look around here. Many of us own Rolexes and I can only think of one hard core Ω fanboy who would be a troll on a Rolex forum - but he's a troll no matter where he goes.

However, if you've got nothing better to do knock yourself out! :p

14. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Aug 8, 2012

So he's avenging a Rolex forum incursion. I find him entertaining and I'd bet a grand he doesn't own a Rolex or omega. Preach on brotha.

15. OmegawillnevernbeRolex Missing A Chromosome Aug 8, 2012

Oh yes i duz...and a Patek Philippe or 2.Where's my grand?

16. ulackfocus Aug 8, 2012

Yay! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You have some nice watches. We have a Rolex forum, and a High End forum to discuss and show your PP's. Either brand can go in the Open Discussion forum too. So how about dropping the fan boy stuff since no great injustice or damage was done to the mighty Rolex? We love watches. All watches...... 'cept Invicta. :D

17. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Aug 8, 2012

Ok, O.J. I also believed you when you said you'd spend the rest of your life finding Nicole's REAL killer. I made me laugh. Send me your account number and SSN, and I'll wire the funds. Hey, OWNBR, I know a forum that would be perfect for you. It's something like "Wristshots Daily" or something of that nature. It's only got about 17 members, but I'm sure they would appreciate your rapier wit and spectacular collection of imaginary timepieces. But please stay around here, too. Your insights have made my life much brighter. Can you research something for me? I have been meaning to get to it. When NASA was testing watches to endure the extremes of space travel, I am pretty sure they tested at least one Rolex along with all the other brands. Why wasn't a Rolex chosen? Oh wait, I found it: "The reasons for the Rolex's departure were that it stopped running on two occasions during the Relative Humidity Tests and subsequently failed during the High Temperature Test when the sweep hand warped and was binding against the other hands on the dial. No other tests were run with the Rolex Chronograph as a result of these early failures." Nevermind.

18. OmegawillnevernbeRolex Missing A Chromosome Aug 8, 2012

Oh my! a watch went to the moon,I'm pretty sure that Omega paid handsomely to go..I don't believe for one second it beat out the Supperior Rolex,,must of just been chosen cuz the Rolex was an automatic,and we all know it wasn't the only brand that was on the moon..they should stop claiming this nonsense on the back of the Speedmaster...they should be called the slowmaster....had mine taken apart many times and it's still sloooooowww..them astronauts woulda missed the rocket firings and been on their way to Jupiter if they had my sloooowwmaster.

19. ulackfocus Aug 8, 2012

Dude, I fixed your attempt at quoting. Really, if all you Rolex guys can't handle something as simple as THAT what are us Omega guys to think?

20. ulackfocus Aug 8, 2012

Wait.... a Rolex cooks dinner too? Now I AM impressed!