Forums Latest Members

"New" Smartphone app for watch timing - "Twixt".

1. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Aug 15, 2014

First off: This app is in no way meant to be a serious way of timing watches for serious people like watch makers .

OK, now that I've got the obvious out of the way, I must admit to being unable to stop playing with this thing. I just had (3) watches returned from my watchmaker and my results from Twixt are right in line with the time-o-graph. So, I feel like this " toy" could be a serious toy for someone like me.

The original version of this app was full of suck. It relied on measuring sound in the form of beats/per. The new app uses imaging against a baseline to calculate time differences.

i've got some bog standard movements running at chrono specs over long time periods. Cool !

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. initialjh Aug 15, 2014

Hey that's cool :) thank you

3. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Aug 15, 2014

I'd be seriously worried about putting a watch on such a powerful magnetic field as an iPhone

4. initialjh Aug 15, 2014

i don't think it does that anymore. Went to read the app, it uses multiple photos taken to measure accuracy

persco likes this.
  5. persco Aug 15, 2014

You don't put the watch anywhere on the iPhone. It works by analyzing snapshots of the dial.

opticalserenity likes this.
  6. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 15, 2014

I've had this app ages! It's great!

7. speedbird Aug 15, 2014

I've been playing with it. It's fun

8. opticalserenity Aug 20, 2014

Thanks, I hadn't seen it, but I'm pretty darn impressed with the way that you select all the pieces on the face of the watch. I've developed before, and the app isn't quite as simple as it seems.

9. eustace Aug 21, 2014

For a variety of reasons, I prefer the Android ecosystem over iOS. I've been using "Watch Accuracy" with great success.

Like citizenrich, I was addicted for some time. It's also a decent (but not great) way to catalog your watches. Apparently, it exports to CSV as well, but I haven't tried that myself.

Check it out:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sk.kfb.hurban.watch