Forums Latest Members
  1. Ivan Jul 28, 2014

Hello,

As a teenager looking to purchase his first nice watch, I have been captivated by the Omega Seamasters of the 50's and 60's with black dials. They are refined while casual, and just unrecognizable enough that I won't appear pompous.

I was told this was an excellent forum to learn more about these watches before I purchase one, so I joined.

I look forward to reading more of the content here and eventually using it to acquire a watch I can take pride in.

-Ivan

Icaras, NT931, Mothra and 2 others like this.
  2. marturx Jul 28, 2014

Hi Ivan & welcome to the forum!

You have come to the right place, if you like vintage Omega

Ivan likes this.
  3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 28, 2014

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately you have picked one of the most often seen Omegas with refinished dials, but fortunately you've come to the right place to have any potential candidates checked out before making an uneducated purchase. Black dials were not particularly popular during this period so their numbers are fairly limited now, but patience will eventually pay off.

Feel free to post photos of watches you are interested in so the knowledgeable members here can evaluate them before you make a purchase.

Check out the WRUW Today? thread to see what other members have in their collections, a great learning tool in itself.

Ivan likes this.
  4. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jul 28, 2014

Sounds like you're off to a good start here. Welcome to ΩF :)

Ivan likes this.
  5. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jul 28, 2014

Welcome Ivan. Good luck on your quest. The members here can provide you with a vast amount of knowledge.

Ivan likes this.