Forums Latest Members
  1. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 6, 2014

We tend to indulge ourselves a bit, having sly digs here and there and doing the occasional stir ::stirthepot:: .

I do it myself, and expect the same in return, it adds a little bit of non-WUS stuff to our little club.

And there is of course the continual stream of one posters needing help, which they get in spades.

However, in my mellow moments (usually on a Sunday evening) I reflect on some of the other things that this forum brings.

Like:

Enabler moments where a member shows a watch for the benefit of others :thumbsup:

Gracious moments where another contender steps aside :thumbsup:

Mailbox moments, where a US based member offered to act as an intermediary in a sale for me in Oz :thumbsup:

Unexpected moments, a gift of a very nice part for one of my watches to bring it to original state ::love::

Generous moments, an offer to send me some unusual little bits from USA just because they are in the area ::jumpy::

You may know who you are, but even if not, you are probably only some of the many who work behind the posts to assist other nutters who pursue this idiotic addiction.

I like this place.

Sunday night Lagavulin induced post concluded.

Cheers

Jim

2. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 6, 2014

Nice thoughts.

But it is kind of weird reading your sunday night post first thing on the same sunday morning...... only 11 minutes later.

3. Jimmy Jim Apr 6, 2014

X2 from another Jim.

4. ulackfocus Apr 6, 2014

I do too. It has a very low asshole ratio and a very high signal to noise ratio. I might be the most obnoxious regular! :taunt: :D

Melhadary, cicindela, Mothra and 4 others like this.
  5. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Apr 6, 2014

"Lagavulin" the ultimate Scottish enabler :thumbsup:

dantaspaulo and AuBuyer like this.
  6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 6, 2014

Chatted to some great guys and bought some great watches.

7. CdnWatchDoc Apr 6, 2014

I don't think "might" is quite accurate...however, I also wouldn't say obnoxious-just animated and very open with comments, help, enabling, cajoling, calling out those of us who need it, and supplying some excellent information and education about what most of us think of as our passion! Just a good example of the great support we get here...and thank you Jim for starting this thread!

8. timeismoney Apr 6, 2014

Woooord! I think you said it all, Jim.

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 6, 2014

Jim,
    You were exactly expressing my sentiment toward this forum, too.
    Experiencing tons of times through public forum or just via PM: from avoiding fakes, redials, incorrect component, improper conditions and other you name it. Of course that save quite significant dollars, too.

Few times, it was amazing that fair and supporting atmosphere happened during those hunting period.........

Not only US but also UK members.....

I have a vintage Connie that become a perfect watch because of similar generosity of member in here

Certainly I share the sentiment. I really like this place.
    Knowing that I am not the only one who got treated luckily in this place make me like it even more.

Thanks for your sharing Jim... and also thanks to all of you who make this wonderful place happened.

Melhadary likes this.
  10. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Apr 6, 2014

I don't have much watch experience to contribute, so I throw in a joke or inane comment here and there, but I am paying attention and I have learned enough to qualify (I believe) at about a 1% or maybe 2% WIS. And it hasn't gotten boring even a LITTLE bit. Thanks guys.

watchme likes this.
  11. proximal Apr 6, 2014

I haven't been here too long but I'll echo this. Good info and discussion, but that fact that nobody here takes themselves too seriously really sets it apart.

Georgieboy58 and watchme like this.
  12. NT931 Apr 7, 2014

What we have here is a community of practice. Pretty cool.

Knowledge & help, freely dispensed and exchanged in this forum, has been a priceless gift. Great post Jim!

Privateday7 likes this.
  13. Melhadary Apr 7, 2014

Very pleasant reflections, Jim :) Absolutely on the spot! :thumbsup:
    Passion, knowledge, modesty, sincerity, pleasure, spice and shared interest... couldn't ask for more!

Privateday7 likes this.
  14. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Apr 7, 2014

In copious amounts, please?

15. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Apr 7, 2014

Late to the party....

If not the most "liked" post, perhaps the most liked poster?
    Nothing like a little Scottish Truth Serum.

I really believe that no one appreciates life like a veteran, a survivor of one battle or another.

Could we orchestrate some type of a simultaneous, worldwide toast to our Brotherhood?

We sure have got enough watches to synchronize!

Thanks, Jim, God Bless!

watchme likes this.
  16. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 7, 2014

Just read my post in the cold hard light of day.

I could have been a bit more eloquent, and pointed out many other aspects of this place that make it a Bizarro World WUSOF, but I think I said enough.

And Buck, are you sayin' I'm not liked :D

(well, I'm not at the moment, the company frowns on being "liked" in the workplace :eek: )

17. ulackfocus Apr 7, 2014

Hey, you're not a somebody until you hit the rarified air of the 2000+ Like Club. ::bleh::

And if you look at the posters in this thread there are some high post-to-Like ratios too. Guess my ratio proves what a dick I can be some days! :D

18. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 7, 2014

I think you missed UBs little joke, let me correct it for you

"If not the most "liked" post, perhaps the most liquoredposter?"

(It's all in the pronunciation, at least that's what I figurd it was)

19. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 8, 2014

If you have vintage cal 321 speedmaster for your WRUW, your likes will be double current figure :p

Barking mad likes this.
  20. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Apr 8, 2014

Jim, let me the first and never the last to tell you that you're a good egg!

We've so much in common ('cept, of course u actually walk around upside down on the earth which is just plain weird).

but, we both share a love of handmade timepieces and shitty football teams (clubs). We're losers. Your Saint Keeeeelda Saints suck just as hard as my New Yaawk Jets.

1 championship each in like 50 years. We're losers and we like it. at least I do. hahaha
    We put up with it which means we must like it.

the Foootie!