Forums Latest Members

Help In Identifying A14k Quarter Repeater High Grade Pocket Watch - Patek, Jurgensen, Lecoultre ?

1. rolexfantastic Nov 15, 2012

Hello

I am a pocket watch enthusiast and i few quite a nice collection. Some for sale too.
    Anyway, i recently purchased this 14k quarter repeater and it was not cheap. My feeling of first glance said it was a Jules Jurgensen, but now i'm not so sure.

Any help or guide to identify the manufacturer of this watch is highly appreciated !!

The movement seem to be high grade with wolf teeth, and tried LeCoultre, Patek, Vacheron, Jules Jurgensen, Matile, Ed. Perregaux, Breguet, but no match. The curiosity is the twin bridge near the balance staff. The movement cover reads: "Repetition a Quarts", a 5 digit serial no., and several medals. The dial does not say anything. Under the dial it is writen something like Swiss, Brevet, and a no. but nothing helpful to identify the watch as i already tried all the sources of my convenience: catalogues, internet, collectors, friends, etc.

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you
    PFD

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Nov 15, 2012

I know almost nothing on pocket watches, but the fact that the regulator says "fast" and "slow" in English, rather than French - does that mean it could be English? What type of escapement does it use? Do you have any idea on age?

3. rolexfantastic Nov 15, 2012

No, that does not tell the country of manufacture, that tells at best the intention to sell the watch internationally. The hallmarks on cases are swiss, the brevet is swiss, the movement type is swiss. Compare to others and you will understand. Check for exemple on internet: Patek Philippe (or Vacheron Constantin, Jules Jurgensen, etc.) Quarter Repeater pocket, and you'll see. What's different from a standard ebauch is movement display or bridge finish, including the twin bridge near the balance.
    The watch is 19th century, probably 1880's-1890's.

I also asked dr. Ranfft but i haven't got his answer yet.

This is not a common or a simple ebauch, and i intend to identify the watchmaker.

Any other ideas ?

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Nov 15, 2012

Oh well, sorry.

5. rolexfantastic Nov 20, 2012

Any ideas about this movement ?

I've just dismantled the watch and under the dial it reads:

+ (swiss cross)
    15229 depose (possible brevet / registered model)
    71605 48

6. rolexfantastic Nov 26, 2012

Any other ideas on this watch ? I have photos under the dial. Here they go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]