Forums Latest Members

FS Glycine DH Wehrmacht Military Watch

1. speedbird Oct 21, 2014

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Up for sale is my Glycine Dienstuhr Heer German issued Wehrmacht watch. The "DH" watches were contracted by the Germans during the war to meet the needs of the military for jobs requiring a watch. Many companies provided watches to the German military including names we all know like Glycine, Zenith, Longines, and about 20 more. All of the DH issued watches have the same general characteristics similar to mine below.

The average german soldier couldn't afford a wrist watch in those days, and if his job required one the military would issue one. These were considered state property and the serial number would be recorded in the soldier's pay book and expected to be returned when requested. The soldier had to pay for it if lost or stolen and you couldn't own one outside of military service.

Post war, some soldiers would remove the DH number from the back to conceal their military origins since civilian versions without these numbers had been made. Also, the fact the serial was tied with the records of their pay book and I'm sure elsewhere made it an easy way to tie particular soldiers to specific places.

My Glycine had its numbers removed post-war. If you look carefully you can see the ghosted image of 2 of the numbers. Whoever was issued this watch didn't want anyone to tie it back to him later, or to track his movements during the war.

The watch is in top condition and was serviced before I purchased it. Running extremely accurately. The strap is a custom job from England which is as close as I can get to the original. The lugs have fixed spring bars and this is the style of strap they would have used. I've only worn it twice. The dial is original too. A REAL military watch.

The movement is an AS1130 and case diameter is 34mm

I'm asking $375usd and the strap will be included. I'm open to reasonable offers.

Thanks for looking!! Joe

2. speedbird Oct 22, 2014

Open to offers boys and girls

3. speedbird Oct 23, 2014

$325

4. speedbird Oct 26, 2014

$290 obo

5. speedbird Oct 28, 2014

Up

6. speedbird Oct 31, 2014

Offers accepted

7. speedbird Nov 3, 2014