Forums Latest Members
  1. Escargot Man, look at that S car go! Aug 22, 2014

I wear mine on the same NATO as in the 1st pic you posted and the steel bracelet in the 3rd pic you posted, both very comfy, but the vintage bracelet because of the stamped steel construction can be a little rattly when I shake my wrist.

2. Hijak Aug 22, 2014

Your welcome, always happy to enab...I mean help.;)

3. Escargot Man, look at that S car go! Aug 22, 2014

Never thought about the sailcloth strap combo but I think it looks nice! Reminds me of the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms for some reason...

4. msp1518 Aug 22, 2014

Interesting. Though the official Planet Ocean 1580 bracelet is way out of my price range. I'm trying to find a solution under $100. At least for now. One wonders if there is a workable generic version of that bracelet. I saw two exact copies on eBay and asked the sellers if they would fit the SM300 and both said No.

One seller on eBay claims these two Omega like bracelets will fit with a little bit of filing on the end links...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311034703995?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

And also...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201145508353?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

The issue is finding someone around here who will do the job. I checked the two local jewelers and both said no, trying to sell me on the bracelets they had (which were just terrible).

Another seller has a nice looking shark mesh that sells for anywhere between $50 and $80.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20mm-SHARK-...003020791?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item540d74f1f7Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

So I have choices galore. Should I not settle on any of these I think I will go for the sailcloth. But I am kind of aiming for steel. I just like the feel of it on my wrist.

Thanks, all! Opinions gladly accepted.

5. Escargot Man, look at that S car go! Aug 22, 2014

I'm wondering if you need to be concerned about the bulk and heft of a modern bracelet on the SM300. Compared to the modern Omega dive watches, the vintage SM300 is smaller and lightweight, and the bracelets for modern models like SMP and PO2500 tend to be significantly heftier than the original vintage bracelet. The rattly nature aside, I will say that the heft of the vintage Omega bracelet is a nice balance to my vintage SM300.

6. msp1518 Aug 22, 2014

If I was swimming in money I would just go for the vintage bracelet and be done with it. But at $350 on top of the cost of having the SM300 made, I'm a bit at the end of my petty cash. It just makes sense to go with something temporary until next Spring. At that point I'll snag the bracelet and end links before the cost goes up again (it went way up not long ago and I am kicking myself for not buying it before then).

Another Shark Mesh option for $50...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/StrapsCo-4m...14?pt=US_Watch_Bands&var=&hash=item233c2c69e6Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Obviously sizing would be an issue. I have a dremel so I suppose I'd have to use it and remove a row. I have a 7.2 inch wrist.

There are $30 and $35 versions of this from Hong Kong that look exactly the same.

[​IMG]

7. Escargot Man, look at that S car go! Aug 22, 2014

Oops, let me clarify. I did notice that the links you provided were examples of generic bracelets that are modeled after the modern bracelets. Is there no such option for the vintage bracelets?? If so, I wonder if this is an untapped idea for some businessman/watch enthusiast... :)

8. msp1518 Aug 22, 2014

I have not found one, no.

9. Togri Aug 23, 2014

Heeeey that' my arm ::rimshot::

I would definitely recommend a shell cordovan strap. Mine in the pictures is colour 8 but the whisky colour is also very beautiful. Check out Jankoxxx's gallery on his website. Lost of pictures of divers with different straps. Helped me decide :) And Janko is highly recommendable is well, should you go with a leather strap.

For beach/swimming I use a black NATO with pvd buckles and loops.

10. Togri Aug 23, 2014

11. Nactex Aug 28, 2014

How about an Omega style rubber strap from Modena with stainless deployment? I am not sure they still have the black available, but you can order at
    [email protected] or
    www.ModenaWatch.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. msp1518 Aug 28, 2014

13. lenny Aug 29, 2014

How about a vintage tropic or isofrane (original ones from the 70's) rubber strap? They are so much nicer (IMHO) than the thicker contemporary versions.

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 29, 2014

I'd get an isofrane until you can save up for the Omega mesh, the OEM vintage mesh really is among the nicest to wear, even guys with other brand watches sometimes use these Omega bracelets.

15. msp1518 Sep 2, 2014

I have narrowed my choices down. I am looking at obtaining one steel bracelet for daily wear and one leather strap for dressier occasions.

For the bracelet I am torn between a generic mesh or a generic Omega Seamsater-like bracelet. I have not yet decided.

As for the leather strap I am now keen on diverting to uncharted territory... Nato. I have never owned one and the leather Natoish straps look cool.

Clockwork Synergy has one that comes in either oiled black matted or oiled black polished. Question is, which one? I'm not sure, really. I guess I wonder how scratched up will the more polished band look after a few months? Right now I am leaning towards polished.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. peatnick Sep 2, 2014

Mine's on tan leather NATO for the summer but its a beater . . .

[​IMG]

17. nlogax Sep 5, 2014

My 20mm Bonetto Cinturini 300L fits like a dream and looks the business; chunky thickness, matt black colour, solid clasp and pretty cheap off eBay to boot!

18. ErichPryde Feb 14, 2023

Wow.

I know this thread is 8+ years old- but wow. That watch is gorgeous.

19. pkaye6 Feb 15, 2023

I have the original 1039 with 516 end links on my Speedy. My watchmaker told me the same thing indicating that it was a sub par bracelet. I was given an 1175 with I believe 640 end links and tried this but, after several people on here told me the 1039 was very sturdy and wearing the 1175 for awhile, I went back to the 1039 as it is so comfortable compared to the 1175.