Forums Latest Members
  1. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 23, 2014

Looks worth the trip! I will have to make a point of getting to Norway just for the Aass.

Reminds me of a few-months stint living in Nashville. The first time I (a lifelong east coaster) walked into a bar and ordered a drink, the bartender asked me if I wanted ass in it. Brief pause. "Um, no, straight up.":cautious:

Northernman likes this.
  2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 23, 2014

You'll need to wear this:
    Arsa 1.jpg

Hopefully soon to be revealed in its restored state.

Northernman likes this.
  3. Northernman Lemaniac Jul 23, 2014

Cant you just see for yourself the sign in front of the local pub? "We serve cold Aass"?
    :confused:
    Actually visiting here in winter more or less guarantees cold ass:D
    Aass is actually pronounced like Auss, like in Aussie. The double AA is a separate letter in our extended alphabet.
    Cheers and welcome any day!

4. panamavin Jul 29, 2014

Love this thread...Good beer and great watches. My problem is after too many good beers I tend to buy great watches;) Kind of like drunk texting but waaay more expensive!

Dr.Sascha and Northernman like this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 6, 2014

I love it when my Darlin' brings me home a new drop.

This looks nice and I'm trying it out to celebrate a new arrival (sorry about the glare).

And I'll take my coffee like this ANY day :D

coffee.JPG

6. Northernman Lemaniac Aug 6, 2014

OMG! Alcohol and caffeine in one drink:) !
    ::psy:: ::psy::
    Just like Vodka/Red Bull but with class and taste?
    Need to see if some of the local micro brewers are doing something similar around here:D !

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 31, 2014

Beau's Brewery is a small micro located near Ottawa, ON. I sold a watch to one of the employees a few years ago, and when he came to pick it up he handed me some of their most popular brew called "Lug Tread". The last time we were in Ottawa we made a trip to the brewery, and tasted some of their more exotic brews. Fortunately they are now in some of our government controlled booze stores near where I live, so we tried this one recently:

[​IMG]

They call it "Wheat Wine" and it's wheat beer matured in chardonnay barrels. 9.8% alcohol, so calling it a wine is not completely out of place. Still, I poured myself a glass like it was a beer:

[​IMG]

I have to admit, being a very big fan of wheat beers, it wasn't my thing. I think this is primarily because I detest chardonnay, and this was very "chardonnay-ey" to use the technical term. ;) It tasted like a glass of fizzy chardonnay with some beer poured into it, so although I like most things these guys do, this is off my list for now. My wife liked it quite a bit though.

But some bruschetta made up for the beer - the romas are nice this time of year...

[​IMG]

Cheers, Al

Northernman likes this.
  8. woodwkr2 Aug 31, 2014

Ice?--In beer? In Nashville!?

I'm not sure where you were, but as a former Nashvillian, I spose I should set the record straight. We do not spoil beer with ice. We do not spoil our whiskey with ice.

I suspect your bartender was from out of town ;)

9. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 31, 2014

Who said anything about beer?::confused2::

10. woodwkr2 Aug 31, 2014

Well it is the Beer-Related-Thread.

At least the bartender wasn't thatt bad. ;)