Forums Latest Members
  1. Gaz6263 Sep 24, 2014

:thumbsup: Two days earlier than expected , it's arrived. And thankfully not a quartz movement in site. Maybe even better than I was hoping, it's in beautiful original condition, if very dirty, I don't think the braclet has ever been cleaned.
    Pictures to follow I'm having trouble loading them at the moment.

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Sep 24, 2014

Excellent news. :thumbsup:

3. Zuke Sep 25, 2014

Can't wait to see it.

Here's an old pic of my Poppy

[​IMG]

Dogmann and Gaz6263 like this.
  4. Gaz6263 Sep 25, 2014

::love:: Took this with the phone as I'm having problems loading pictures from my iPad . Still a great looking piece. image.jpg

timeismoney, Dogmann and Darlinboy like this.
  5. Zuke Sep 25, 2014

Awesome congrats!

Gaz6263 likes this.
  6. Gaz6263 Sep 25, 2014

The condition is perfect, just enough patina so it looks it's age. I've worn it for the last day and it's not missed a beat. Even came with spare links and a spare crown.

7. Gaz6263 Sep 26, 2014

Hurray for iOS 8.02 update. Can know upload pictures :thumbsup: image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 26, 2014

I've seen a few of those watches around but they're nearly always in ordinary condition, the yellow in particular tends to turn sort of dark and blackish like a... banana. That's a rather nice example to own.

9. Gaz6263 Sep 26, 2014

Thanks I'm very pleased with it. It's funny I saw it on eBay watched it for a day and then put in a best offer. I Didn't lowball the seller but my offer was £250 lower than he was asking and I was quite surprised when he accepted it without a counter offer. I was also suprised no one else had jumped on it. I guess it was just my lucky day.

Dogmann likes this.
  10. Dogmann Sep 26, 2014

Hi Gaz6263

As i said before that really is a great pick up as for a vintage Omega it really is in outstanding condition in fact I can't ever recall seeing a better condition bezel on any one of those before and the patina on the dial and hands is just enough to give it some character without it effecting the over all condition. Once again congrats on a great pick up I actually managed to get my Baby PloProf in exactly the same way as you and was also surprised that my best offer was accepted and am loving mine especially since I also managed to pick up a old 70's Omega IsoFrane and Omega Mesh for it actually I need to do a full write up and pictures of it for the forum very soon.

Marc

Gaz6263 likes this.
  11. Gaz6263 Sep 28, 2014

I've been wearing it on the original bracelet which is a right noisey bugger it rattels like an old Rolex. Any suggestions for a replacement aside from the usual mesh or isophane.

12. Dogmann Sep 28, 2014

Hi Gaz6263,

I have also been looking for additional straps and as discussed on another thread here on the Forum there are the new Hirsch Performance range such as the Robby and others which are not only very practical with various finishes and being rubber backed but also add a nice splash of colour the yellow themed ones would look great with your Banana. After some hunting I have also been able to find some nice vintage looking Corfam straps from here
    http://www.heuertime.com/index.php?lang=eng&p=sale&sub=sale_detail&pID=45&cat=straps @45 Euros.

As for Isofrane's not really been a big fan of these until I managed to find a NOS Omega branded Blue 70's version on E-Bay whilst not cheap it really is very comfortable and IMO looks great and completely changed my opinion of them you really are spoilt for options of what will look great on your stunning watch

Marc

13. timeismoney Sep 28, 2014

That is an excellent purchase, Gaz. The condition is just about perfect! I would do a serious cleaning of the bracelet before wearing it further though :p

Enjoy!

14. cristos71 Sep 28, 2014

I know what you mean about the rattle and also have the same problem with a SM 120. As far as I can tell it is the endlinks making all that racket. I did read somewhere that if you stuff the endlinks with a bit of blue tack ( kind of putty ) the problem can be solved.

I´ve been meaning to try it out for a few years now but I´ve still not gotten around to it....:eek:

15. Dablitzer Sep 28, 2014

Very nice condition Gaz, I'm sure you will be wearing it with a big Cheshire Cat grin on your face! ;) :D

Gaz6263 likes this.
  16. Gaz6263 Sep 28, 2014

Love the Hirsch straps think I may try the black and yellow one

17. Gaz6263 Sep 28, 2014

I'm sure your right it does sound just like the Rolex end link rattel . Never heard that cure before, maybe worth a try.