Forums Latest Members

Any advice for my dilemma? (Datejust black dial vs GMT II Root Beer)

1. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 27, 2013

:D Yeah, they brought it to have suntan in Kuta, Bali. Seriously I never see any problem with the black or coke or pepsi dial. I guess Rolex do have variants of these chocolate/ brown dial.

seamonster likes this.
  2. OrangeSport Aug 27, 2013

I love the RB except for the way they handled the 6 on the bezel.That would really bug me over time...

3. ulackfocus Aug 27, 2013

I actually like that and the no radial flip thing.

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 28, 2013

After unanimous vote for switching to Root beer, I did crawl to the watch shop this afternoon and take a look once more. Three things made me delay to pull trigger:
    1) The case is bit overpolished to my taste. I could understand their logic, since majority buyer are the ...oooh shiny... segment. But it made me hesitate ( See how this forum has changed me. Just last year I am perfectly fine with shiny polished case ::facepalm2::)
    2) The script has faded too much.
    3) the fact that the bracelet is 14 K rather than 18 K for the newer year. (This I can live I think)

With the mantra of condition...condition...condition......Please once again advice me whether this is a watch to pull trigger or should I wait better one come along. Your kind advice is highly honored. Thanks.

Root beer 1 (1024x628).jpg Root beer 2 (1024x606).jpg

Root beer 4 (800x495).jpg
    seamonster likes this.
  5. seamonster Respectable Member Aug 28, 2013

Respectable Member Privateday7

A good question that comes with an extremely simple answer, the best or nothing at all. (The best means, as close as possible to factory-original specs, in all areas - no exceptions.) Second best is for someone else, sorry.

Thank-you.

STANDY likes this.
  6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 28, 2013

I think you made the right decision, you can't rush these things. Don't care for the dial on this one

7. ulackfocus Aug 28, 2013

I agree with this 99% of the time. If one of us is after a watch, it's usually because it's good enough to be part of the collection and therefore should be as nice as possible. However, having one or two less than mint watches just to wear occasionally is fine also. I could see having a Rolex for just such a watch.

8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 28, 2013

I think I will pass on this one. My father in law just purchase newer one with much better condition at the same shop. I will try to find another better example while putting Dibs on his.