Forums Latest Members
  1. ulackfocus Apr 8, 2014

With all the talk about how much we like this place, I thought I'd share another reason. A friend (a real world friend now too after the Florida visit, not just an internet acquaintance) was kind enough to sell me this Genève Dynamic for a pittance since it was part of a lot that he scored cheap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've always liked this style. As you can see, the dial and hands have BLACK & ORANGE highlights.

[​IMG]

The buckle end is 14 mm.

[​IMG]

The only problem is the strap is red. You can't wear red to a Philadelphia Flyers' game! You'd get the crap kicked out of you if there's a hint of Rangers' colors. :eek: Nor do you wear red to a Baltimore Orioles' game! You might be mistaken for an Angels fan. :oops: So what I need some help with is finding one of these straps that work with the screw on back ring system, but that's black leather and orange stitching or highlights. I'd even take white stitching and do the old orange Sharpie trick. Any recommendations on where to find such a color scheme in a Dynamic leather strap?

Thanks!

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 8, 2014

Never seen one in orange, black is available on eBay but don't recall ever seeing them with contrast stitching.

Bracelet is also an option.

JohnSteed likes this.
  3. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 8, 2014

There's another option : You still can keep that strap and go for the games, all you have to do is put your hands in your pockets (and count the fingers):D

PatrickJ and JohnSteed like this.
  4. speedbird Apr 8, 2014

That dial is sublime

Meadia and PatrickJ like this.
  5. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 8, 2014

Sooooooo seventies! Man, I want one for the next time I'm listening to Crosby Stills Nash & Young.

6. ulackfocus Apr 8, 2014

There seem to be plenty of black on black around, and some are pretty cheap too (probably pleather).

7. dantaspaulo Apr 8, 2014

8. ulackfocus Apr 8, 2014

9. dantaspaulo Apr 8, 2014

Yup. If you want it, shoot me a PM.

10. dantaspaulo Apr 8, 2014

Oh, it seems the back side is not leather, only the outside.

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2014

I'd just bracelet it

12. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Apr 8, 2014

ulackfocus likes this.
  13. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 8, 2014

I like the black and orange combo for Orioles games. The Flyers are down here tonight, kicking the hapless Panthers' butts.

That red strap needs to go, not because that it's a bad sports color.

It's just plain ugly.
    gatorcpa

14. ulackfocus Apr 8, 2014

Joe, I'm just letting you know that I 'Liked' your post for this part:

( :thumbsup: :p )

…..but not so much for this:

NATO???? ::puke::

It sure is.

15. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 8, 2014

Get an old bracelet and toss the links.

Get a mate with a machine shop to trim either end of the ring nice and neat and then laser mill two 18mm x 2mm slots in the ends, or you might have to weld two bars across the ends.

Screw the ring back onto the case, thread a NATO through the slots and there ya go.

Hard to explain but I know exactly what I'm thinking.

My solution would be a bracelet, there's heaps on the bay and in all the time looking I haven't seen any straps with contrast stitching.
    Most of them are corfam or thin leather anyway and as Gator said, some of them are just fugly.

Have you thought about contacting the craftsman who made the blue strap for your AT?
    Maybe he could make one to your exact wishes?

16. ulackfocus Apr 8, 2014

Yes, and also thought about Hadley-Roma since I have two 13 mm buckles - one Longines, one JLC - that I want on watches with 18 mm lugs so given the lack of quality choices it might be necessary to go custom. To me, there's nothing worse than having a great watch on a cheap strap. It makes me not want to wear it.

17. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 8, 2014

18. ulackfocus Apr 8, 2014

19. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 8, 2014

Nice score D !!!! Unusual dial for Geneve Dynamic.......very attractive, too.
    Agree need a better strap.......I can foresee black rally style strap with orange stitching. Probably a custom order?

JohnSteed likes this.
  20. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Apr 8, 2014

You could also have the distance between the shoulders opened to 18mm and then choose a regular strap like this black with orange stitching:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22mm-Top-gr...3016311?pt=US_Watch_Bands&hash=item486474b877Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network